cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/26/2021 6:10 pm  #1

Trail Camera

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/26/2021 6:43 pm  #2

Re: Trail Camera

*THNORT*

Be Just And Fear Not

1/26/2021 6:54 pm  #3

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

1/27/2021 1:13 pm  #4

I love this whole thing.
A great addition!

1/28/2021 1:59 am  #5

Raising campaign funds $1 at a time...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

3/05/2022 7:53 pm  #6

Eastern Coyote

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/09/2022 2:00 am  #7

Are Eastern Coyotes the ones that came across Canada, Hung with wolves, and got bulked up?

3/09/2022 7:01 am  #8

That's what they say.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_coyote

Coyotes and wolves first hybridized in the Great Lakes region, followed by a hybrid coyote expansion that created the largest mammalian hybrid zone known.[7][/url] In 2014, a DNA study of northeastern coyotes showed them on average to be a hybrid of western coyote (62%), western wolf (14%), eastern wolf (13%), and domestic dog (11%) in their nuclear genome. The hybrid swarm extended into the midwestern United States, with Ohio coyotes shown on average to be a hybrid of western coyote (66%), western wolf (11%), eastern wolf (12%), and domestic dog (10%) in their nuclear genome.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_coyote#cite_note-monzon2014-8][8]

3/10/2022 2:49 pm  #9

I read once that, through DNA from a multitude of samples, says that our common Eastern Coyotes are actually more or less Red Wolves.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/10/2022 2:51 pm  #10

A guy a few years ago killed a coyote 12 miles from my house that weighed 78 lbs.[/randomness]

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/10/2022 6:02 pm  #11

That's a big puppy.

3/12/2022 11:12 am  #12

I bet he howled and yipped in all caps.  All the time.

5/08/2022 7:41 am  #13

Big Boi

5/08/2022 8:00 am  #14

Turducken

5/08/2022 12:37 pm  #15

Just where and when should I look for Big Boi?

5/09/2022 1:20 am  #16

Behind you in the dark.

5/09/2022 11:20 am  #17

Upon viewing # 15 or so, I saw a bit of bear butt at the start.
Is that all there is?

5/09/2022 4:55 pm  #18

Yeah, that was the frustrating bit. The trail camera didn't trigger in time as he must have been out of range when he entered the view.

5/10/2022 11:49 am  #19

How close is Mr. Bruin to your house or cabin?
A few months ago, I mentioned a once in fifty year bear visit in my yard, walking by my window about fifteen feet away.  In broad (whatever that means) daylight.
I have gradually reduced my vigilance, but I often think how much I don't want another one. 

5/11/2022 5:57 am  #20

We moved our camera to the back of the hill so he's probably a quarter mile from the house.

5/12/2022 5:16 pm  #21

That's three-quarters of a mile too close.

5/22/2022 6:25 am  #22

Series of owl videos.

5/22/2022 11:19 am  #23

Owl 2, stuck in quicksand.

5/22/2022 1:08 pm  #24

I wonder what he did there? Maybe pushed his kill into the mud so he couldn't lift it?

3/12/2023 1:01 pm  #25

I'm thinking Benny should keep his assistant with him outside.

Board footera