cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/28/2021 6:30 pm  #1

bbro's photos

Remember this?  Yea, I completely left you guys in the lurch!  I never finished posting all my hiking photos in 2018 then just never posted in the thread again!  I haven't been taking many photos because I haven't been hiking much, but I want to get back into it and maybe find stuff OTHER than hiking subjects (and dogs since there's another thread for that).  I'll post a few from the only hiking trip I took in 2019 :/ 

1/28/2021 7:31 pm  #2

Re: bbro's photos

Pilot Mountain: River Section.  March 2019
I had to actually drive through a small creek to get to the parking for this one.  I made some bad decisions while hiking, including following the railroad tracks thinking it would be easier :D

Obligatory rail road track pics

I'm a fan of the dormant tree with spots of colors that are birds photos

Texture!

Red leaves

Cobra chicken

Hammock time!  I actually had pierogies in a food jar to eat

1/29/2021 3:25 am  #3

I always found walking RR tracks a bitch, rather hack through jungles.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/29/2021 8:23 am  #4

That stream crossing looks inviting.  It's calling to me.

1/29/2021 8:53 am  #5

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

I always found walking RR tracks a bitch, rather hack through jungles.

I definitely had to hack through some crap (IIRC) since the tracks didn't actually follow the trail like I thought!  And by hack, I mean duck down and push through.

glatt wrote:

That stream crossing looks inviting.  It's calling to me.

It was cold when I went.  I could actually feel the cold coming off the water.  I'm not sure jumping in would've been a good idea - lol.  But I completely understand.  It's called the Yadkin River.

1/29/2021 9:20 am  #6

That looks fantastic.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/29/2021 9:40 am  #7

It's not so much that I want to splash in the water.

I want to approach on that beautiful stone walkway, step from rock to rock across the stream without getting wet, and bound my way up the nice stone walkway on the opposite side and scamper off into the woods.

1/29/2021 4:17 pm  #8

glatt wrote:

It's not so much that I want to splash in the water.

I want to approach on that beautiful stone walkway, step from rock to rock across the stream without getting wet, and bound my way up the nice stone walkway on the opposite side and scamper off into the woods.

Ah!  Makes sense.  Yep, that was definitely fun.  It was even better that I didn't fall in the water :D

griff wrote:

That looks fantastic.

It was pretty awesome.  A lot longer of a hike than I thought.  I might have to go back this summer.  During the week when there's no one at the parks.  I bet it would be awesome then, if the water is still chilled.

1/29/2021 9:07 pm  #9

BBro....I didn't realize you live in NC. I live in Hickory  (ish). We can totally meet up one day.

2/22/2021 7:00 pm  #10

@Lola - Sure!  I usually go out that way when I go to Asheville

Here's some of the dogs.  They count cause I used a camera :D 

2/23/2021 7:04 am  #11

Those are some cute critters.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/23/2021 7:42 pm  #12

griff wrote:

Those are some cute critters.

Thanks - it helps when they're frustrating as heck

2/24/2021 12:44 am  #13

You're spoiled, used to doing what you want when you want without having to worry about anybody.
But now you're a fur baby mom, full time, and with great love comes great responsibility.
I'm pretty sure you're up to the challenge, they look so much better than when you brought them home.
You done good plus.

2/24/2021 2:11 pm  #14

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

You're spoiled, used to doing what you want when you want without having to worry about anybody.
But now you're a fur baby mom, full time, and with great love comes great responsibility.
I'm pretty sure you're up to the challenge, they look so much better than when you brought them home.
You done good plus.

Thanks, but that's not what I was referring to - just my inability to train them or room to get them trained properly.  Definitely not their mom

2/25/2021 10:00 pm  #15

Train them to what, stand on the corner with a tin cup begging Friskies?
No more stupid pet tricks without Dave Letterman late at night.
It doesn't take a lot of room to teach sit, lie down, and stay.
I'm sure teaching them, "bring me a beer" can be done inside.
You're cool, they're cool, can't ask for much more than that.

Board footera