cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/16/2020 10:03 pm  #1

Suggestions for this site (no bitchin')

The health forum description is

"keeping your body well enough to support your head"

I was wondering if we might/should add "and vice versa" (or something similar) to emphasize that it's ok to discuss mental health there too?  That seems to be something that dwellars do need to discuss from time to time -and occasionally (from old post resurrected pre the current zombie apocalypse) something that visitors/new dwellars are looking for help with when they tumble down the stairs.  It's just a thought that struck me, not anything I have a major investment in....

Last edited by monster (10/16/2020 10:04 pm)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

10/17/2020 5:19 am  #2

Re: Suggestions for this site (no bitchin')

Sounds a good idea to me. 

10/17/2020 6:42 am  #3

Great idea!

Living life on the edge.

10/17/2020 10:01 am  #4

Done!

10/17/2020 12:14 pm  #5

A bitch in time predates mine.

Last edited by footfootfoot (10/17/2020 12:14 pm)

Hey! That's me up there!

10/17/2020 3:12 pm  #6

Tumbling down the stairs just means I moved faster than I have in years. Always look on the brightside.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

10/21/2020 9:10 am  #7

Maybe Image Of The Day should become Image Of The Week?  

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

10/21/2020 2:59 pm  #8

monster wrote:

Maybe Image Of The Day should become Image Of The Week?  

I don't know how you do it every day, I have no problem with "Image of the Week.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

10/21/2020 3:43 pm  #9

That makes sense.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/21/2020 3:58 pm  #10

Is there any way to subscribe to a Forum like on the old Cellar?  That‘s a nice feature for a lurker (and maybe others) since I could see all the new topics that popped up in the Forums I watched.

10/21/2020 4:01 pm  #11

There's a subscription link for individual threads, but I don't see any options for subscribing to whole forums...

10/22/2020 1:04 am  #12

Image of the day is a lot of fucking work. As the internet has grown finding an image that isn't on a hundred sites the next day , or the day before, is almost impossible. The best you can do is find things that are interesting. Unique is a miracle if you're not the creator.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

10/24/2020 8:55 pm  #13

or....

change the description from

Images that will blow your mind - every day

ro something like:

The best image we found today. 

Perhaps we also need a sticky post at the top explaining that anyone can post an IOTD -just don't post a second image if someone has already posted for today and make sure to put the date in the title?

Board footera