cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/31/2021 1:55 pm  #1

Bruises

Old thread resurrection: Bruises! They fascinate me and I want to see yours.

Here's a nice one I got on my foot yesterday after our big dog (the newest, youngest, male-est of the three) used it as a launching pad for his considerable hind legs after suddenly seeing a neighbor dog through the fence line that he wanted to dominate.

(Please pay no attention to my ridiculously short toes or unhealthy ridged toenails.)

3/31/2021 2:52 pm  #2

Re: Bruises

One little piggy.  Two little piggies.  Three little piggies. Four.

All connected to a dark blue spot that is sore.

3/31/2021 5:17 pm  #3

I crashed out spectacularly on Saturday, ass over teacup with a pedal strike and no bruise to show... maybe next time. That is a nice tender spot. (good work tw)

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/31/2021 9:49 pm  #4

the bruises tend to show up in the next act, well past the opening crash in my experience.

I recently saved the drill press from a very hard landing with my left forearm.  it hurt.  but no bruise, only a little sore.  Well, days later I didn't have on the two long sleeved shirts through which the earth communicated its desire for the drill press, despite my desperate intervention... and I saw a couple wounds and a nice bruise, like I'd been kissed by an angry plum, wearing too much lipstick.  The plum, not me, weirdo.

All's healed now, though I still have a tiny and surprisingly sensitive wound on the inside of my forearm.  I have always been an occult bruiser... unlike others in my close circle--a cross look would leave a mark on their fair, delicate skin.

Noted.

Be Just And Fear Not

3/31/2021 9:50 pm  #5

Clodfobble--

sorry about ur foot.

Be Just And Fear Not

4/01/2021 7:33 am  #6

I am sorry about ur foot, Clod.
Original thread for reference.
And another, shorter lived.

Living life on the edge.

5/25/2021 8:36 pm  #7

I have some bruises in interesting places showing up.  Right now they are just a bit red/purple and I mostly know they are bruises from how they hurt when I touch them.  If they turn spectacular, I will be sure to share pics.  I can only think they might be from flying rubble at the Baja Race on Sunday (track is build on a demolition site).  I didn't really notice anything horrendous hitting me, but that wouldn't be overly unusual, I tend to ignore minor bumps.  i did see rubble flying and turned away in the main so....

The biggest one is about 4 inches above my left knee, there's one on the outside of my right arm about three inches up from my wrist, not sure about the left shoulder and right thigh -they have darker tender spots but it's a bit hard to tell under the tan/burn.  I do bruise easily, but also usually quickly.  It is over 48 hours since the race, but if it isn't that then I'm stumped.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

5/30/2021 8:01 pm  #8

During the ride along the Cascade Trail, part of the trail was creekbed.

Think I'm kidding?

She definitely saw this coming.

Then when she fell over, this was the result.  I'd like to say full credit to ME for not taking a picture of her in the water, you're welcome.

That was when we got home, it's much more colorful now.

Ow.

Be Just And Fear Not

5/30/2021 8:13 pm  #9

i can see BigV's pictures but nobody else's.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

5/30/2021 9:54 pm  #10

My bruises turned out to be damp squibs.  The biggest one is still a bit tender and a bit swollen, but barely distinguishable from my tan -if it were below the kneecap you'd just think I hadn't washed after gardening

Last edited by monster (6/01/2021 8:03 pm)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

5/31/2021 9:49 pm  #11

What the hell are squibs, the only ones I've heard or are explosives.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

6/02/2021 4:44 pm  #12

Well I have no idea what I did, but I found this one when I redid my toe nail polish last night 

6/11/2021 8:54 pm  #13

This one is special because it did not occur from any kind of impact--I was just gripping a ten-pound bag of ice by the top knot too hard for too long, and the overall strain on my knuckle joint caused a bruise. I suspect what I did was briefly dislocate it, as the joint was quite swollen and sore immediately afterward, but it barely hurts now at all, a fraction of what a bruise like this would normally feel like.

Last edited by Clodfobble (6/11/2021 8:58 pm)

6/11/2021 9:37 pm  #14

weirdo (ouch)

6/12/2021 5:42 am  #15

I''ve never seen that before. Sorry (no sorry) about your...

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/14/2021 2:53 pm  #16

Haven't seen it either, not on a human anyway.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

6/26/2021 9:42 am  #17

Im tired of being hit.

Queen Bitch ~

6/26/2021 9:39 pm  #18

Veronica Bush wrote:

Im tired of being hit.

sorry to hear you're being hit.  tha's fucked up.  

Are you OK??

Be Just And Fear Not

9/19/2021 11:07 am  #19

Discovered while showering last night.   I have no idea where it came from, though it sure looks like an angry handprint.  wtf?

Last edited by BigV (9/19/2021 11:07 am)

Be Just And Fear Not

9/19/2021 11:30 am  #20

Not 100% sure if arm or leg.  I'll bet you will suddenly figure out how it happened.
I wish I had seen Clod's thumb post before so I could have asked if one should ice ice bruises.

9/19/2021 8:54 pm  #21

BigV wrote:

Discovered while showering last night.   I have no idea where it came from, though it sure looks like an angry handprint.  wtf?

Maybe you got Rufied 

9/19/2021 9:12 pm  #22

It's my left bicep.

Be Just And Fear Not

9/30/2021 10:29 pm  #23

This, on the other limb... is the inside of my left thigh.  This one is pretty painful.

Be Just And Fear Not

10/01/2021 10:47 am  #24

Ouchie Bro!

10/01/2021 11:24 am  #25

What's it from?

Board footera