cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/15/2021 3:37 am  #1

Proper Post-Pandemic Protocol

Being vaccinated does NOT mean you can gyre and gimble in the wabe.
REMEMBER that the borogoves are STILL all mimsy. And the mome raths outgrabe.
–Ah, but you can – if you have had the Astra Zeneca twice, and if you wait three weeks.
Roll on Saturday, 17th April next. Gyring and gimbling like you’ve never seen before.
The wabe will never be the same again!
–Of course it doesn’t! What do I look like? A BANDERSNATCH?!
More like a jubjub bird.
–Ran out of wabe halfway through the lockdown.
 You might still be able to outgrabe if you show up early in the day.
–You burbled snicker-snack you! Oh wait…Mmmm Snickers, it’s a totally tasty snack. Carry on awesme vaccinated beamish boy, just may sure you chop that Snicker-snack with vorpal blade in half & share with me! Callooh callay! O Frabjous day! I am vaccinated too!
–I understand not gyring; that’s just being reasonable. But to gimble is my passion and cannot be denied. You can tell the wabe I’ll double-mask if that’ll make it feel safer.
–Oh I’m gyring all right, or my name isn’t Brillig! I’ll gimble like no one’s ever gimbled when I’m sufficiently frumious.
–Ah Jabberwocky. Still makes more sense than an anti-vaxer.
–And there’s still a damned good chance that the snark is a boojum.
–I am definitely going to continue being ware of the jabberwocky, but then I’m known for being antisocial and will frequently shun the bandersnatch as well as the jub-jub and others
–This only applies to the current vaccines but the new vorpal jab let’s you gimble all you want
–I’ll just be over here reading this thread and chortling by the Tumtum tree, as one does
–Come to my arms, my beamish boy
–Indeed, better to pause a while in uffish thought.
–But I can shun the frumious second mask and go with just the one. Callooh! Callay!
–What if I upgrade my Vorpal Sword with a Snicker-Vax
–Come into my arms, my beamish mRNA, I chortled in my joy!
–I thought gyring and gimbling were restricted to slithy toves only.
–Come to my arms my beamish boy…but 6 feet away, please!
–Make sure to socially distance as you galumph back!

Pilfered from a tweeted thread.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

4/15/2021 9:12 am  #2

Re: Proper Post-Pandemic Protocol

Ƒucking mimsy borogoves, man...[/headshake]

Board footera