cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/14/2022 11:47 am  #101

Re: Humor...I Need Humor

Technical Advice

I bought a new carburetor for my 30 year old Craftsman riding mower. A very well made, complex and so far fine performer for the ridiculous price of $12.
It came with a small plastic tool resembling valve core cap that has no purpose I can figure.  So I wrote an inquiry and got this delightful reply:

hi dear,
The black plastic cover is used on the idle speed adjusting screw,
Click to enter, even if you don't turn it, it won't affect it,
Just adjust it directly.
Please feel free to use,
thanks.

7/15/2022 10:12 pm  #102

Cock.  SFW, btw.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/16/2022 12:12 pm  #103

In the version I got, the rooster must have already conked, leaving a black screen.
The stats say 91955 viewers had a better experience.

7/17/2022 3:48 am  #104

TheNeverWas wrote:

Cock.  SFW, btw.

Tired and shagged out after a long squawk as somebody once said.

7/23/2022 8:57 am  #105

Instead of just goofing off, watching baseball on TV and drinking beer, go fishing.
Fresh air and sunshine plus catch free food.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

7/26/2022 4:08 pm  #106

Well, it made me chuckle.
Laughs are in short supply at present, so any port in a storm, so to speak.

7/26/2022 4:43 pm  #107

nice

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

7/26/2022 5:14 pm  #108

hee hee

7/27/2022 7:44 pm  #109

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/28/2022 11:55 am  #110

Which half?
Maybe you were standing under a falling branch.  Or had a visible booger.

7/28/2022 7:52 pm  #111

It was this half:

7/28/2022 7:53 pm  #112

Now, back to bidness:

8/10/2022 7:04 pm  #113

I just heard one stand-up comedian tell another "You're the kind of guy who would buy a gerbil and keep the receipt in case it doesn't fit."

I larfed.

8/24/2022 8:50 am  #114

What were these people thinking... come to think of it, they probably weren't.

8/24/2022 10:34 am  #115

I've seen a few outhouses and similar devices with the dual seats, and they make sense from a spreading the pile out point of view.  But these are just crazy.  That hallway is especially jarring for me.  why would you put a toilet in a hallway?  And then why add a whole line of them?

8/24/2022 11:49 am  #116

Never in the Army, eh?
There they lined 'em up face to face, so to speak.

8/24/2022 9:16 pm  #117

Everybody poops.  Why be precious about it?  Save a fuckton of $$ not building partition walls and having them all lined up so no need to lay sewer pipe into each cubicle.   But... if you need so many ....how on earth do you find a moment when none are in use?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

8/24/2022 9:18 pm  #118

....and why are the paper cans in the middle of the floor.  put them next to the wall and give more space in the hallway FFS.  calling bollocks on that.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

8/25/2022 3:37 pm  #119

monster wrote:

....and why are the paper cans in the middle of the floor.  put them next to the wall and give more space in the hallway FFS.  calling bollocks on that.

Cuz most people are right-handed?

8/25/2022 5:50 pm  #120

The long hallway, I can see maybe it's an instution-type place where everyone has to be supervised at all times. A prison, for example, or maybe a nursing home where everyone's in a wheelchair, so the walls just get in the way, and all the patients have dementia so no one has any concept of privacy anymore anyway.

But the green-and-white tiled room where there's not even any space to step between them? The only thing I can figure is there was some government regulation that said they had to have X number of toilets, so they said "fuck you, we installed X number of toilets."

8/25/2022 7:17 pm  #121

Diaphone Jim wrote:

Never in the Army, eh?
There they lined 'em up face to face, so to speak.

monster wrote:

Everybody poops.  Why be precious about it?  Save a fuckton of $$ not building partition walls and having them all lined up so no need to lay sewer pipe into each cubicle.   But... if you need so many ....how on earth do you find a moment when none are in use?

Pardon the intrusion. Post-Vietnam epidemiological research established relatively safe minimum distances between toilets in latrines, both with and without partitions (partitions were better); also, beds in open bay barracks which dramatically reduced the airborne transmission of respiratory diseases. it was an early predecessor to our social distancing for COVID-19. It used to be that if one soldier got the Flu (or worse), everyone in the barracks got it. Circa 1979, the Army was ordered to renovate latrines and reorganize sleeping areas to meet the new criteria which are today routine (mostly taken for granted) just about everywhere... especially healthcare institutions.

True story. no shit, saw it with my own eyes. Mr. S.E. Xobon.

8/26/2022 12:21 pm  #122

I will look into changes in  pooping places since I experienced them.
A pic for reference:
https://c8.alamy.com/zooms/9/7f6abbe7967d4e999d0b32ffdcace949/t6adjc.jpg

8/30/2022 8:20 pm  #123

Re: DJ's link

Damn, that is might near cheek to cheek...

8/31/2022 12:22 pm  #124

Those are probably not on this map...

Last edited by Happy Monkey (8/31/2022 12:22 pm)

8/31/2022 10:51 pm  #125

That's silly, Ladies don't poop... or fart. 

Board footera