cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/27/2021 11:45 am  #1

Dish TV

Just at the beginning of the return of MLB after the pandemic season, Dish TV cut off their deal with NBC Sports Network and I am left not even knowing what the new Giants players look like.  And they are off to a good start.
I am really bummed about this.
The only alternative is to go back to Direct TV which has the same shitty programming as Dish except for local sports, as least temporarily.
It is just greed driving this affront.
Is this a problem for anyone else in here? 

4/27/2021 12:23 pm  #2

Re: Dish TV

Might want to read this.

4/27/2021 7:15 pm  #3

Gravdigr wrote:

Might want to read this.

I would but the link don't come up.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

4/27/2021 8:28 pm  #4

The link worked for me...

"US media giant NBCUniversal is shutting down NBC Sports Network (NBCSN) by the end of 2021 and will shift the bulk of its sports programming to the USA Network cable channel and Peacock streaming service."

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

4/28/2021 12:00 am  #5

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

The link worked for me.."

It worked for me too this time.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

4/28/2021 11:40 am  #6

Gravdigr wrote:

Might want to read this.

I have read that.
I should have mentioned NBC in my comment about greed.
Maybe sports in general, too.

4/28/2021 5:03 pm  #7

They recently lost their hockey contract to ESPN. Both networks are reportedly terrible at hockey broadcast. I recently watched an NBC broadcast where someone decided puck drops were not interesting so they focused the camera on the Bruins captain's name on his jersey instead and put the coach in split screen.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

Board footera