cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/16/2021 11:56 am  #1

Poor Mom

Dad thinks it cool, brags to all his buddies.
Jr thinks it's great, brags to all his buddies.
Mom has to wear an MLB catchers gear, or NHL goalies gear, just to change the sheets.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/16/2021 1:16 pm  #2

Re: Poor Mom

Re:  catcher's/goalie's gear

I don't get it.

5/16/2021 4:52 pm  #3

Me either.  And why should "mom" be the one to change the sheets anyway?  This is the 21st century FFS

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

5/16/2021 5:34 pm  #4

monster wrote:

And why should "mom" be the one to change the sheets anyway?  This is the 21st century FFS

Urrbody who didn't see that coming, raise yer hand...

5/16/2021 7:03 pm  #5

urrbody who didn't say something ...here's your sign 

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

5/16/2021 9:05 pm  #6

Hah!

5/17/2021 6:33 am  #7

This is the real annoyance with all these decked-out custom room designs for kids... Jr. actually gets bored with it way faster than the adults think he will, and within 2 years he's into something completely different. All your construction and artistry goes in the garbage. Also, side note, in my experience the parents who go all out like this actually tend to be on the narcissistic side of things--there's always an element of "you should appreciate what I did for you even though you didn't ask for it"--and when the kid moves on to dinosaurs it just adds one more notch of resentment in their self-centered-ness.

5/17/2021 10:24 am  #8

I agree, Jr has to keep the room picked up and orderly because the folks will invite everyone they know plus the mailman to come see what they did in Jr's room. 
"catcher's/goalie's gear" = padding from all the shit in the way.
Real American mothers take care of their kids, even in the 21st century.

5/17/2021 11:19 am  #9

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Ooh, snap!

5/17/2021 11:20 am  #10

I like how the tires on the bobcatbed are actually dirty.

5/17/2021 12:15 pm  #11

Clodfobble wrote:

...within 2 years he's into something completely different. All your construction and artistry goes in the garbage...

Oh, hells no!  That shit's going on eBay and Craigslist!

5/17/2021 7:14 pm  #12

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

ah.   No wonder my kids are such failures.  Can I turn it around by voting for Donnie?

5/17/2021 11:49 pm  #13

All Michiganians are suspect, you're just in it for the scholarships, you still think in metric.

5/18/2021 1:10 pm  #14

Michenanigans?

That's a Michiganian that's up to something.

5/19/2021 12:10 pm  #15

Or might be Mishenanigans.

5/21/2021 2:26 pm  #16

Clodfobble wrote:

This is the real annoyance with all these decked-out custom room designs for kids... Jr. actually gets bored with it way faster than the adults think he will, and within 2 years he's into something completely different. All your construction and artistry goes in the garbage. Also, side note, in my experience the parents who go all out like this actually tend to be on the narcissistic side of things--there's always an element of "you should appreciate what I did for you even though you didn't ask for it"--and when the kid moves on to dinosaurs it just adds one more notch of resentment in their self-centered-ness.

At its core this is the ol' "having more fun with the box it came in" irony.  They like what they like for as long as they like it so don't go to a lot of trouble when it is usually the metaphoric box they are after.

Hey! That's me up there!

5/21/2021 3:48 pm  #17

I've had some fun with some of the boxes I came in.

Board footera