cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/17/2021 2:47 pm  #1

The most important tning going on today

5/17/2021 2:58 pm  #2

Re: The most important tning going on today

it's a disgrace. they were going to bomb the AP building, with dozens of journalists inside, to stop us from seeing what's going on

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

5/17/2021 3:50 pm  #3

Maybe if Hamas didn't launch rockets at Israel, Israel wouldn't bomb the shit out of the neighborhoods Hamas is using.  This has been going on my whole life, and nothing has changed,  I don't support either side.  But I also don't blame either side either.

I used to get all righteously indignant at Israel a few decades ago when they would do this, but now I can kinda see it from their point of view too.

If people launched rockets at my neighborhood, I would want the military to do something about it.  Wouldn't you?

5/17/2021 4:14 pm  #4

glatt wrote:

Maybe if Hamas didn't launch rockets at Israel, Israel wouldn't bomb the shit out of the neighborhoods Hamas is using.  This has been going on my whole life, and nothing has changed,  I don't support either side.  But I also don't blame either side either.

I used to get all righteously indignant at Israel a few decades ago when they would do this, but now I can kinda see it from their point of view too.

If people launched rockets at my neighborhood, I would want the military to do something about it.  Wouldn't you?

The way I see it, both sides seem to want this to continue.

If they didn't, they'd stop.

Weaponized Funk

5/17/2021 6:03 pm  #5

Every time they stop, Israel doubles its efforts to harass, dehumanize and drive Palestinians out of their neighborhoods and off their land.
In Gaza they put on tighter sanctions and devise ever crueler means to goad the citizens to resist.
And every time it escalates with casualties running 20 or 40 Palestinians to one Israeli.
And the US always backs them and forces our key allies to do the same.

5/17/2021 11:53 pm  #6

Israel is our ally, not our friend.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/18/2021 11:50 am  #7

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Israel is our ally, not our friend.

In what capacity have they acted as an ally?

Weaponized Funk

5/18/2021 11:52 am  #8

Diaphone Jim wrote:

Every time they stop, Israel doubles its efforts to harass, dehumanize and drive Palestinians out of their neighborhoods and off their land.
In Gaza they put on tighter sanctions and devise ever crueler means to goad the citizens to resist.
And every time it escalates with casualties running 20 or 40 Palestinians to one Israeli.
And the US always backs them and forces our key allies to do the same.

If the Israelis didn't like this shit, they'd stop building illegal settlements.

If the Palestinians didn't like this shit, they'd stop shooting rockets at Israelis.

Diplomacy is worthless until at least one country wants to stop shooting.

Weaponized Funk

5/19/2021 12:18 pm  #9

The situation sucks...

I don't see it getting anything but worse...

But what really pisses me off is I'm paying for it. 
“From U.S. support for the creation of Israel in 1948. To date, the United States has provided Israel $146 billion (current, or noninflation-adjusted, dollars) in bilateral assistance and missile defense funding. At present, almost all U.S. bilateral aid to Israel is in the form of military assistance, although from 1971 to 2007, Israel also received significant economic assistance.”

“In 2016, the U.S. and Israeli governments signed their third 10-year Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on military aid, covering FY2019 to FY2028. Under the terms of the MOU, the United States pledged to provide—subject to congressional appropriation—$38 billion in military aid ($33 billion in Foreign Military Financing grants plus $5 billion in missile defense appropriations) to Israel. This MOU followed a previous $30 billion 10-year agreement, which ran through FY2018.”

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/19/2021 12:23 pm  #10

Well, if they weren't fighting over religion, they'd be fighting over politics.

Oh, wait...

5/19/2021 12:56 pm  #11

Go watch a few videos of Israeli settlers busting down the doors of Palestinian homes, with screaming, crying women and children inside, dragging the families out into the street and beating the shit out of them, abducting their teenage daughters, and then just moving in, saying "this is my house now"

If you think there are "two sides" to that, I don't know what else to say.

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

5/19/2021 5:57 pm  #12

Likud's actions are not random acts of violence.  It is an organized and planned attack to steal the entire West Bank.  Current strategy (this past decade) is to surround East Side Jerusalem with stolen properties.  To surround East Jerusalem with =16.25px Israel fortified settlements.  To convert East Jerusalem into another Gaza City.

All this is intentional by what is Israel's answer to the Nazi party.  A superior race must dominate.

Netanyahu will do anything (like Trump) to be reelected.  Send police violently into the Al Aqsa Mosque to desecrate it dung the Holiest day of Ramadan.  Even create a fire.  Then attack Palestinians whoare Israeli citizens.

Then the expected rockets fired from Gaza City  Blame all evil Palestinians - Israeli citizens, West Bank residents, and Hamas.  Only a few Israelis die while almost 100 Palestinians die. So all Palestinians are evil - started all this.  Forget to mention who first and intentionally started all violence.

Making it impossible for the patriotic Israelis (the moderates) to complain.  Voters will then vote for their 'Trump' prime =16.25pxminister who is charged with corruption and who otherwise cannot be reelected.  All this is no accident.  Extremists know exactly what kind of violence they wanted.  To even silence the patriotic Israelis - the moderates.

Emotional (childish) adults will only see violence and not the reason why / how violence was created.  To get Netanyahu relected.  Extremist know how to obtain support from the emotional.  Hitler did it.  Stalin did it.  Joseph McCarthy did it.  Milosevic did it.  Trump did it.  Extremists obtain power by promoting hate and violence.  It was all well planned.

Last edited by tw (5/19/2021 6:00 pm)

5/20/2021 12:10 pm  #13

Inside voice...

5/20/2021 5:12 pm  #14

::snigger::

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

Board footera