cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/20/2021 8:30 am  #1

I'm going to a live concert!

Guys, we bought tickets to an actual in-person live concert in July!

Not anybody I would normally go see, but I'm itching for a concert.  Max Weinberg's Jukebox.  Apparently he takes requests from the audience from a pre-approved list of 200 songs.  The audience chooses the setlist.  I knew that I knew the name, but had to refresh my memory of who he is. 

There is a light at the end of this tunnel.  A concert!

5/20/2021 12:03 pm  #2

Re: I'm going to a live concert!

Blue Oyster Cult is supposed to be a few towns over on the 28th.  I thought about going, but, then I thought "There will probably be other people there besides me.".  And then shot the idea in the head.

5/20/2021 12:04 pm  #3

They're all dead or ancient, anyway.

5/20/2021 1:04 pm  #4

Every last one of them.  Half the acts that I want to see are already dead.  The rest have one foot in the grave.

5/20/2021 3:34 pm  #5

That's a cool concert format-- the "jukebox"

I've often thought about doing something similar, but as a "live karaoke" .. which would be easy enough for me, as the drummer and not having to worry about keys and chords. 200 songs sounds like a good variety, that's quite a set list!

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

5/21/2021 6:34 am  #6

That is a pretty cool format.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/21/2021 7:11 am  #7

Flint wrote:

200 songs sounds like a good variety, that's quite a set list!

apparently it's all the well know classic songs that everyone has ingrained in their DNA.  Beatles, Stones, and stuff like that.  Do a YouTube search for Max Weinberg Jukebox, and you will see entire concerts loaded.  He encourages filming them.  There's a big screen above the stage with the approved song list scrolling by.

Board footera