cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/24/2021 9:20 pm  #1

What is pissing you the fuck off right now?

After all my recent travels, I decided it wouldn't be a bad idea to check my credit cards even more closely than usual -specifically to make sure all the hotel deposits were returned and everything was charged so there are no surprises waiting in the wings from tardy vendors (yes, I know I'm weird)... and finally to make sure no skimming activity happened.... ......and it seems like it might have done    
Fuckers.

5 days ago (long after I got back from Florida, but before I went to Kentucky), on the day where all I did was tutor my ESL learner via zoom (as far as I recall)....  an online shopping charge $106 to "Lowkey Nike" in CA.  on the card that I do not use for online transactions, only in person things........ fuckers.  I mean, I'm happy my system worked and made it easy to catch, but I'm still sitting here questioning myself....  Am I sure I didn't buy anything online hat might have gone through a weird-ass third party.....   I am sure, but still.....  violated.

My card's been skimmed before, and they usually do a couple "test charges" which alerts the bank which alerts me.  Fuckers.  Probably one of the dodgy gas stations in 'bama I would not normally have used if at all possible but there was a crisis on....   wonder if I can sue the pipeline company?   Or the dodgy motel in TN when I just couldn't drive any more and they seemed surprised i was ok with the charge and then again when I checked out the next day.

Last edited by Limey (5/25/2021 3:42 am)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

5/24/2021 9:22 pm  #2

Re: What is pissing you the fuck off right now?

I am also pissed the fuck offfffffff by my typo in the title.   Well maybe more mildly irritated, but still.....    Darling mods....?   please fixie fixie?  thank you, sweeties 

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

5/25/2021 3:42 am  #3

monster wrote:

I am also pissed the fuck offfffffff by my typo in the title.   Well maybe more mildly irritated, but still.....    Darling mods....?   please fixie fixie?  thank you, sweeties 

No-one's gonna understand this now!

Living life on the edge.

5/25/2021 4:22 am  #4

monster wrote:

Probably one of the dodgy gas stations in 'bama I would not normally have used if at all possible but there was a crisis on....  

Given the level of card fraud at petrol stations over here, I avoid paying by card at smaller establishments.
I might make an exception at a long established local business but it's cash only for me at franchise operations with a high turnover of staff.

A few years ago there was a surge in card fraud in a village a few miles from Aylesbury.
Word soon got round and the common factor was that all those who had been scammed had bought fuel at the local petrol station.

It's pretty safe to use a card at the supermarkets with the 'Pay at Pump' option, but even there I keep my thumb over the card number.
Those CCTV cameras can pick out a surprising amount of detail.

5/25/2021 6:22 am  #5

Limey wrote:

No-one's gonna understand this now!

thank you

5/25/2021 6:34 am  #6

I think I told the story of the dumbass neighbor who drove through Dad's yard and killed a tree. Now someone has gone off the road and hit his spring box shattering the flagstone top. Somehow they drove away without saying a word to him. It's the fucking autobahn out there. My Vietnam MP uncle is bored and on the case so there's that.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/25/2021 6:37 am  #7

Oh and the Penguins are pissing me off as well, how does the most disciplined team in the league turn into a bunch of chippy whiners overnight. Granted this is a very temporary piss... Let's Go Pens!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/25/2021 11:29 am  #8

I am pissed off at myself this morning of my first day with Direct TV.
Dish dropped the SF Giants on the first day of the season and it took a month to violate my resolve NEVER to go back to Direct.
AT&T Direct, that is.  The two most egregious asshole companies in the world both at once.
I had to unplug the damn box last evening after I turned it off and it kept whirring and grinding, with its little blue "on" light going on and off and the thing generating heat..
Apparently there isn't really  "off" on the SOB.
I knew I would regret it,
At least there is a game today, my second one of the 1/4 over season.

Last edited by Diaphone Jim (5/25/2021 11:29 am)

5/25/2021 12:38 pm  #9

griff wrote:

...spring box...

Is this the same thing as a well house, or a spring house?

5/25/2021 1:41 pm  #10

Gravdigr wrote:

griff wrote:

...spring box...

Nah. It's the South African Rugby team.

5/25/2021 5:16 pm  #11

Gravdigr wrote:

griff wrote:

...spring box...

Yeah but its just a stack stone reservoir with a concrete lip above ground, primitive and effective.

5/25/2021 5:18 pm  #12

Carruthers wrote:

Gravdigr wrote:

griff wrote:

...spring box...

Ha!

5/25/2021 8:27 pm  #13

griff wrote:

Carruthers wrote:

Gravdigr wrote:

Ha!

I thought it was a type of Merkin bed.  Live and learn....

5/26/2021 12:47 am  #14

Spring Box...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/26/2021 12:01 pm  #15

Nothing cuter than a young girl with the antelope she killed.

5/26/2021 5:01 pm  #16

5/29/2021 5:01 pm  #17

But without that disconnect between productivity and workers compensation the trickle-downers wouldn't have accumulated the funds to buy congresspersons and create hedge funds to prey on weak companies making for healthier herd. 
Nobody enjoyed going to work on Monday morning so should be grateful some Chinese guy is going for them.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/30/2021 6:36 am  #18

wisdom

5/30/2021 9:09 pm  #19

My C-Pap is fucking up blowing to hard I tried calling the Va and they are closed until tuesday. Fuck these people I never got holidays off when I worked for the government.

Last edited by fargon (5/30/2021 9:11 pm)

I Love my country, I fear the government.

5/31/2021 5:47 am  #20

Yeah, we drove 1.5hrs to the nearest DOT Real ID Center in Dunmore Saturday, not to be confused with a License Photo Center. We met a kid who had driven from the Boston area and some nice folks from other places. Good thing the bastards took an extra day off for the holiday or we never would have spoken to these nice folks in the fuccking parking lot.

6/01/2021 5:52 pm  #21

God damn change for the sake of change.

Firefox updated itsfuckingself and now I can't right click and delete a bookmark.  Ya hafta make like you're making a fucking bookmark and now there's a button there that says 'remove bookmark'.

You have to go to the site to remove the bookmark?!?!  What goddamn sense does that make?

There's 15 minutes of my life gone I'll never get back...

6/01/2021 11:34 pm  #22

Would you like us to get off your lawn?

6/02/2021 4:16 am  #23

Gravdigr wrote:

Firefox updated itsfuckingself and now I can't right click and delete a bookmark.  Ya hafta make like you're making a fucking bookmark and now there's a button there that says 'remove bookmark'.

You have to go to the site to remove the bookmark?!?!  What goddamn sense does that make?

There's 15 minutes of my life gone I'll never get back...

And have you seen the 'new and improved' history function?

Gone are the sub-divisions of today, yesterday, this week etc.
All you get is a drop down list showing the past twenty or thirty sites visited in the current session.
If things don't improve I shall write a strongly worded letter of complaint.

That'll show 'em.

6/02/2021 2:43 pm  #24

The 'delete' option in the FF bookmarks menu is there.  It now says 'remove bookmark', and it's nowhere near where it used to be.

Don't do that to someone going blind!

It's rude.

6/25/2021 10:50 pm  #25

Stepson was rear-ended by some lady a month and a half ago. The lady's insurance has been dragging their feet and stepson doesn't have the confidence or knowledge to deal with any of it, so today Mr. Clod took over and called her insurance to get to the bottom of things.

They say that they "haven't been able" to get in touch with their policy holder, and if they can't confirm her side of things, they may just deny the claim. What the fucking fuck is that bullshit?

First off, are they imagining a scenario where he somehow stole a stranger's name, address, license plate, and insurance policy number, and just happened to have damage to his car that he wanted to scam her into paying for? And secondly, does this mean anyone can dodge any claim by just not answering any unknown numbers for a few months after hitting someone? Thirdly, isn't there a massive fucking conflict of interest here, for a company that doesn't want to pay a claim to just not try very hard to reach their policy holder?

I'm genuinely gobsmacked that this could possibly be legal. Unfortunately, there is no police report, as it seemed like a relatively minor fender bender at the time, though the estimate (which he got on his own, since the adjuster still hasn't reported back after taking a month to get out there and assess his car in the first place) is in the thousands. And the lady lives in another city, so we can't just go knocking on her door and tell her to call her fucking insurance company and admit what happened. For all we know she has, and the insurance company is just lying to get out of paying.

Our own insurance says yeah, sometimes shitty insurance companies do this, and our only real option if they stick with it is to make a claim on our own insurance, and then let them decide whether it's worth it to them to sue the other insurance company to get their money back. Either way, it's a ding against our insurance unless/until that lawsuit is successful, and maybe even after that. Utter bullshit.

Board footera