cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/14/2021 9:57 pm  #26

Re: This is really pissing me off.

PISSING ME OFF

Posting from my phone SUB OPTIMAL.

A Windows update annihilated my Chrome life.

Gone.

Passwords, history, bookmarks, LOGINS, extensions, EVERYTHING.

Tried system restore, ran for a few days - - fuckall.

Restored previous version of my appdata user folder - - fuckall.

I have one more oldest restore point.... We're trying that now.

I'm giving it one hour MAX.

This is just the sour cherry on the top of my current pool of piss.

Fuuuuuuck.

Last edited by BigV (7/14/2021 9:59 pm)

Be Just And Fear Not

7/14/2021 10:10 pm  #27

ummmmm.... aren't you an IT dude, though?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

7/14/2021 10:15 pm  #28

I mean, I feel your pain but..... even I don't lose passwords and shit in those infernal updates.... (famous last words) and I never found the photos beest and I took in Rome.....

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

7/14/2021 10:29 pm  #29

I am currently really pissed off with myself. 

A neighbor asked for help/advice with their garden through the 'hood fb group..  I was doing jobbing gardening stuff a bit for friends and FoF only, but she seemed desperate so I said I'd take a took.  I did not want the job myself, I had a good real job lead, but what she (said she) wanted doing was minimal and I didn't want to curse a potential real job by refusing paid work and she was a neighbor and .... you know.....but I still had a gut feeling it was not going to be a good thing.... which I stupidly ignored.  I was right.  I could go on for pages about what a .... 

NEVER AGAIN.  someone, please remind me if I ever consider jobbing gardening again -FoF only -pref grateful old ladies.  This one was a Millennial -need I say more? Stupid, stupid monster.

Last edited by monster (7/14/2021 10:29 pm)

7/14/2021 10:42 pm  #30

Someone said the happiest day of their life was the day they learned to say, "I can't do that".
If they are persistent don't explain, no excuses, just repeat, "I can't do that".

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera