cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/21/2022 10:52 pm  #251

Re: Got Cars

That link in 248 works for me now, but when I tried before it was putting up the Isetta then a string of stories about everything but what I was looking for. I do not know why.

Anywho, these blood suckers making you pay monthly for shit, which reduces the resale value considerably, and they feel will create loyalty is Musk's fault. I called it from the getgo.
"It's all made possible by the advent of over-the-air software updates, which were pioneered by Tesla around a decade ago and are now entering the mainstream. Today's vehicles are more internet-connected and computerized than ever before, meaning car companies can reach deep inside a vehicle to add new capabilities and tweak things from a distance."
These scumbags tracking you and selling that information will bring them enough revenue to give the cars away... but they won't. You'll only be able to buy a bare bones car.
Of c
ourse the also have your credit card info, how else can you pay the monthly tab? Oh I know, just let them take it out of your bank account, what could go wrong? Now you're paying a fee for the A/C and it quits. No problem just take to the A/C dude and get it fixed. But nooooo, now you have to take it to an authorized dealer or forgetaboutit. 
Fucking Musk..

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (2/21/2022 10:53 pm)

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

2/21/2022 10:59 pm  #252

How do people get in these predicaments?

I think the guy with the red backpack standing on the right is busy watching the white shorts.

2/22/2022 7:58 am  #253

The black pillar looks to me like the edge of a second surfboard (or set of boards) that is in the process of sliding off the passenger side of the roof.

2/22/2022 12:49 pm  #254

Who doesn't like to play in the waves?
Google SUV Images for "SUV in Surf" for more fun.
Second link shows a kind of thoroughness.
https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/01/22/Recovery-of-SUV-stranded-in-surf-becomes-comedy-of-errors/5121516650288/

https://surfersfootprint.com/17-tips-on-how-to-strap-surfboards-to-your-car/

2/27/2022 8:29 am  #255

Clod, you may be right, that could be a board(s).

Even if the vehicle is recovered it's virtually impossible to get the salt out.

2/27/2022 1:03 pm  #256

I believe it's part of the roof rack.  There's a similar-looking piece on the driver's side of the rack.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/11/2022 12:45 pm  #257

So...I just got back from the liquor store, and had to drop in to tell ya what I just saw.  It was a level of WTF, or You Gotta Be Shitting Me, that I rarely run across in the real world.
Sitting in the parking lot, beside the space I pulled into was a big ol' Ford F-250 (or, F-2Shitty, as I like to call 'em), big ol' lookitmeImabadass lift kit, big ol' lookitmybigtars tires on it, just the most stereotypical BubbaTruck ya ever saw.

It has fake mud on the rockers.  Fake mud.  Decals.  He has decals of fake mud on his big badass truck.

I look at the truck and let a big ol' Ohlookthere'sanotherone sigh, and head in to get my medicine.  There's a guy standing beside the checkout talking to the guy what's running the joint atm.  Their conversation is involved enough that it takes a minute for the guy to actually get to ringing me up.  God help me if he'd been chewing gum, I might still be waiting.  Anyway, it doesn't take long to know that this guy owns the truck outside, the one taking up half a parking spot, and half the drive thru lane.

I couldn't help m'self, so I asked him  "Is that your truck outside?"

He actually swelled up with obvious pride a little bit, and replied "Yeah."

And then I said "Fuck you and your truck, my mud's real.", and walked out.

His face fell some.

As I'm backing outta m'spot, BubbaBoy comes out, saying over his shoulder to the guy in the store, "...let's see his fuckin' mud.", just as I'm pulling away in CherryBomb (to refresh yer mem'ry, 1993 Chevy Cavalier RS Convertible, his tires are literally taller than my car), and flips out just a little, going "Oh, fuck you!"

I flipped him off and smoked the tires most of the way to the street.  With my 140 horsewhenitwasnew 3.1.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/11/2022 12:49 pm  #258

190,000 miles, btw...

3/11/2022 6:53 pm  #259

You know, TNW, you must be feeling better or stronger or something.
I can not imagine waiting for my Rx or whatever and responding to an answer I just got: "Fuck you and your truck."
Or maybe you didn't mention something terrible he once did to your family.

3/11/2022 8:48 pm  #260

I can say with confidence youse guys rxes don't overlap.

Be Just And Fear Not

3/11/2022 8:51 pm  #261

Liquor store, Jim, liquor store.

My medicine:

Did you read any of the rest of the post?

Last edited by TheNeverWas (3/11/2022 8:52 pm)

3/12/2022 7:30 pm  #262

what kind of dirt decal ding dong goes to the pharmacy for his medicine anyway?

Be Just And Fear Not

3/14/2022 3:08 pm  #263

o,ffs

3/17/2022 4:55 pm  #264

3/20/2022 11:48 am  #265

Oh man, top down with the windows up is supreme dorkiness.
Even midlevel dorks don't do that.

3/20/2022 11:20 pm  #266

They do if they only have one working window.

3/21/2022 8:49 pm  #267

That's a shame it's a nice looking car.. you could dress them up.

3/21/2022 9:41 pm  #268

That is nowhere near the shame that IS this car.

3/26/2022 3:23 pm  #269

What's that?  You have a car illegally converted to run on natural gas?  Sure, we can fill that for ya.

Sign this release first, just a formality, what could go wrong?

4/10/2022 8:25 pm  #270

I can't read the language, do they say it was illegal?
A shitload of cars in Europe start on gasoline then run on propane.

Here's a T-bird running on jet fuel...

4/10/2022 8:52 pm  #271

Then Pontiac/GMC invented the minivan a long time before the minivan...

It really didn't need the fancysass doors but I guess if you're showing future designs they must be futurish.

When minivans finally did come to market, they were wonderful. Low floor kids could get in and out easily.
Room for all and luggage too, plus on weekends haul shrubs from the nursery, or props for the kids play at school.
But then they got tagged "soccer mom car" and that killed them like the plague.
Even soccer moms wouldn't buy them so they switched to SUVs that had half the room, half the gas mileage, half the convenience of minivans. But twice the social standing.
They must have been children buying with emotion, being played by evil MBAs.

4/12/2022 4:50 pm  #272

Caddy being concerned about Gram and Gramps having trouble in the city but still be comfy on their annual trip south in the winter. 

4/16/2022 11:18 pm  #273

Henry Ford started a car company that folded for lack of investors, and a second company where the board threw him out which went on to become Cadillac. Third times a charm...

Then in 1908 the Model-T.

4/30/2022 12:36 am  #274

Gots to get 'em to the dealer...

4/30/2022 11:25 am  #275

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Gots to get 'em to the dealer...

That's the most awkward rig I have ever seen.
Besides, the driver couldn't see out.

Board footera