cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/19/2020 4:01 am  #1

Guns Pew Pew Pew

C'mon, got to have guns...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

10/19/2020 7:13 am  #2

Re: Guns Pew Pew Pew

My current favorite is not something to shoot every day but it really handles beautifully.

Double barrel 16 gauge made in Ithaca NY after Lefever was acquired by Ithaca.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/19/2020 10:57 am  #3

phew. thats beautiful.

10/19/2020 11:47 am  #4

Thanks, I like the simplicity and patina of the thing. 16 gauge has fallen out of favor but I feel like its a good size. Long term I may have to see about a lighter load since it's so old.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/20/2020 2:51 am  #5

Nice, did you buy it or family owned. I should say buy it on the market or from family.
I love your floor.

10/20/2020 6:17 am  #6

Pete's Step-Dad gave it to me the year before he died. It was his Dad's.The floor is actually the ceiling downstairs... unfinished business.

10/20/2020 11:23 am  #7

Even better, you know it's history.
Great floor, great ceiling too, a majorly cool house all around... and you know it's history. LoL

10/20/2020 1:41 pm  #8

Those flintlock cavalry pistols are freaking gorgeous

10/25/2020 9:28 pm  #9

Beautiful pistols.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

10/26/2020 6:08 am  #10

Are they pretty accurate?

10/28/2020 2:25 am  #11

She has the strength and the training, but building self confidence that may bite her butt down the road.

Look, a virgin, unsullied APC Double Eagle... except what those naughty boys and girls at the factory did to her.

10/29/2020 4:45 am  #12

The Double Eagle .45 APC my buddy bought in 1995, and when he died his widow brought me his guns saying he'd told her to give them to me. I couldn't just let her give them away so  I looked up the going price for them and paid her more than she would have gotten from even an honest buyer.
Some strange stuff like a pearl handled Colt .32 automatic that has both Colt and Browning patent numbers on it, the first generation Smith & Wesson pistol, and  government issue Navy flare gun his dog used for a chew toy... often.

10/29/2020 12:37 pm  #13

my little collection so far. the SKS is a 1968 Norinco that spent the past 20+ years in albania. she's my favorite. The little beretta is very nice too.

10/29/2020 2:36 pm  #14

Pretty serious. Hopefully unnecessary in Vermont. Pete has been taking lessons on the Ithaca pump just in case rural PA melts down Nov. 3rd.

10/30/2020 9:09 am  #15

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ithaca_37

Wow. I had no idea they made 2 million of them. It really is a nice gun to handle.

10/30/2020 11:31 am  #16

I was able to carry pretty much what I wanted in Vietnam and for a while I had a 12 gauge, make not remembered, but Browning semi-auto seems probable.
I never saw a bayonet for one.
I hope the statute of limitations are up and I can admit that I had my mother send me rifled slugs (marked as cookies) since the Army would not issue them.

10/30/2020 12:31 pm  #17

My latest is a Ruger PC Carbine, 9mm. A carbine rifle companion to the 9mm format, including a Glock clip adapter (and therefore all that is implied by the Glock after-market). My main goal here was to get on one format of ammo. 9mm of powder down a carbine barrel = very little kick-back = very satisfying grouping; and the carbine length is plenty of barrel to transition from 9mm handgun range to a medium-range offense.

Last edited by Flint (10/30/2020 12:35 pm)

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

10/30/2020 5:42 pm  #18

I may as well show the Featherlight.

10/30/2020 7:27 pm  #19

Good looking scattergun.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

10/30/2020 9:14 pm  #20

Big Sarge wrote:

Erika - Is the Beretta a Bobcat or Tomcat? You have a good selection of defensive weapons. BTW, do you have much ammo stockpiled?

It's a Tomcat; i've only got a hundred or so rounds for it, and hardly any for the AR since its so expensive right now. I've got more than plenty for the 7.62's tho.

10/31/2020 4:09 am  #21

I bought 1000 rounds of 7.62 x 39 For the Colt Sporter when it was cheap.
Turn out to be a good move.

10/31/2020 3:48 pm  #22

Big Sarge wrote:

Diaphone Jim - In Iraq, we had Mossberg 500 pumps for breaching. On my first tour, we too were allowed to carry anything we could get our hands-on. I liberated a Sterling Mk4 submachinegun and rigged a paracord single point sling for it.

It's crazy how weapons get around, Peaking at wiki, I guess yours was Iraqi?

11/01/2020 12:10 pm  #23

I had my choice because I was the platoon leader.  Everybody else carried the TOE 16's, M79's or M60 MG's,
except my Kentuckian RTO, who talked the armorer out of an M14; not really sure why the company had any..

11/02/2020 4:14 am  #24

I was poking around in the big safe yesterday and discovered a holster that was being eaten by mildew like that dead blow hammer was. Pulled everything out but didn't find anymore signs of it. Now with everything out I says to myself, self says I, you should photograph everything and meld the pictures with the big file of paperwork into an accurate inventory. By the time I'm done I'll have forgotten what I was supposed to be doing.

11/02/2020 6:56 am  #25

The perfect job then.

Board footera