cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/05/2021 6:03 am  #1

NYT video *warning graphic*

I'm reluctant to share this, but as we listen to politicians minimizing the event it might do people good to look into the faces of the police on the line.

Pinned by The New York TimesHaley Willis3 days ago I’m Haley, one of the producers on this new 40-minute documentary. Our Visual Investigations team synchronized and mapped thousands of videos of the U.S. Capitol riot to provide the most complete picture to date of what happened on Jan. 6 — and why. This was a massive team effort over six months, involving resources from across the Times newsroom. We went to court to unseal police body camera footage, scoured law enforcement radio communications and interviewed witnesses. Let us know if you have any questions below and we’ll try to answer. Thanks for watching.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/05/2021 9:51 am  #2

Re: NYT video *warning graphic*

If the rioters had been Black or Brown and unarmed the cops would have been shooting people.
FUCK THE POLICE.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

7/05/2021 11:04 am  #3

We are patriots ...

So were Nazis who put Hitler in power - attacking the Reichstag (their Capitol Building).  Demonstrated are adults who are sill children. Who run about with military uniforms.  Use weapons to threaten other citizens.  Wave bigger flags as if that proves something.  So poorly educated as to even routinely use profanity.  Same people put Hitler into power.  Trump recruits same people.  By preaching hate and lies.  It works only on adults who are still children.

At least Hitler apparently had more than a 30 second attention span.

No way around the Big Lie.

Last edited by tw (7/05/2021 11:09 am)

7/08/2021 1:34 am  #4

Don't forget to sign up for tw's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" course.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

7/08/2021 9:20 am  #5

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Don't forget to sign up for tw's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" course.

Adults do not need what children need.  That course is taught as part of an elementary education degree.

7/08/2021 2:19 pm  #6

egads!-- routine profanity ?!

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

7/17/2021 9:24 pm  #7

Flint wrote:

egads!-- routine profanity ?!

A first indication that one has so little self respect and intelligence as to be so emotional and therefore  easily brainwashed.  Stable personalities need not spout profanity to prove their righteousness.  Adults who are still children do.

Board footera