cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/16/2022 2:52 pm  #226

Re: Bikes!

This week is my one year anniversary of cycling to work

Be Just And Fear Not

4/16/2022 3:29 pm  #227

Yay!!! Be careful out there.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

5/14/2022 6:32 pm  #228

Buffalo Soldiers prove bikes are cheaper, faster, better than horses... no friends in the calvary...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/16/2022 7:50 pm  #229

Here's a short clip of Griff on a quiet afternoon...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1525738920956375040

5/17/2022 2:09 am  #230

That was a great clip.  PopWas and myself just watched it and cackled out loud.  Prolly woke up MomWas...

Thanx for that.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

5/17/2022 6:38 pm  #231

We did big hours in the saddle this week. The bike did a lot of work. It was only fair that I returned the favor.

This is the end of the airstrip at DuPont State Forest near Brevard, NC.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/17/2022 6:54 pm  #232

Beautiful!

5/17/2022 7:03 pm  #233

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Buffalo Soldiers prove bikes are cheaper, faster, better than horses... no friends in the calvary...

I have been to the Travertine Falls in Yellowstone Park.

I didn't park my bucking fike on the falls, but, yeah, I been there.

Be Just And Fear Not

5/17/2022 7:19 pm  #234

Twil and I also had a nice ride recently. ON BICYCLES YOU PERVERT.  Friend, but... still pervert.  It's part of your charm.  Relax, I still loveya.  ...

Back to the ride.  This is from the first bridge over the Klickitat River (draining into the mighty Columbia) (come at me bro).  Ridiculously picturesque. And the scenery is nice, too. aaaaannnnyyyhow. We had a nice ride from the Lyle trailhead, upriver until it was time to turnaround.

heh.

Funny story.

y'all have seen my bike, it's not a beater but it is a commuter. It's my (singular) bike. I *do* love my bike, and Twil really struggled on the upper reaches of our ride.  When I described the trail surface to my hardcore-biker friend at work, he said, "yeah, baby heads".  Ew.  Yeah, fist sized basalt rocks for sections of the trail.  I was OK, but Twil was struggling.  Really, it was down to the tires.  My bike has BIGGER tires, letting me roll over the lumpty bumps more easily than her.  We stopped and I offered to swap bikes with her.  

Well this time she accepted. 

We rode upriver another little while as she familiarized herself with this new bike.  Then we stopped for real, deciding this was the turnaround, and when  I reapproached my bike to ride back to the trailhead, where the car and and upholstery and water and plumbing was waiting for us.... Twil said 

"No, I'm not giving this back."

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOLOLOL

Be Just And Fear Not

5/17/2022 7:19 pm  #235

oopsie, here's the pic:

Be Just And Fear Not

5/17/2022 7:28 pm  #236

The pics of the trail are not remarkable.

The trail surface is fine, mostly fine, in places.  But after we traded, while I was on her bike, there were a couple of places where I didn't just glide over in my fat 29ers, and her bike was REDIRECTED OVER HERE OFF THE TRAIL YOU MUST GO NOW. when I hit  a couple of rocks that I wasn't paying enough attention to,

Her bike, smaller in every way, is just more jittery and attention requiring than mine for this kind of trail.

Not a problem on pavement, but.... we don't always travel on the pavement.

I don't have a picture of me returning any favors to my bike, (BLESS!) But I would post them if I had them.

So she's looking for a new, additional bike to bring to the kinds of rides that will be nicer when the tires are over 1.5".

Be Just And Fear Not

5/17/2022 7:30 pm  #237

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Here's a short clip of Griff on a quiet afternoon...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1525738920956375040

Bennie, right?

my dog, I love that dog!!!!

rider's super OK too!!!

THANK YOU!

Be Just And Fear Not

5/20/2022 3:35 am  #238

That clip is an Australian shepherd, I think. But Bennie would do that shit in younger days, Border Collies are quite amazing animals.

Here's a manly bike...

7/02/2022 10:44 pm  #239

I see lots of bikes in Seattle.  Some are stranger... more use-specific than others. Like this one I saw while they were waiting at the red light.

Be Just And Fear Not

7/03/2022 7:19 am  #240

Nice commuter, drop the kid at daycare and off you go.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/05/2022 9:29 pm  #241

And him picking up tired chicks

A newish bicycle...

not a whole lot different than from 120 years ago...

I'm sure the bearings are smoother and the tires are several orders of magnitude better.
Oh, and they are now imported, likely from China.

7/14/2022 5:10 pm  #242

Nothing like a leisurely ride in the mountains, fresh air, sunshine, birds singing, heaven.
Peru has mountains, pretty cool ones too. Now this trail is kind of long, 15 K, (9.3 miles in real terms), but it's all downhill...

8/24/2022 3:32 pm  #243

Those damn bikes are becoming bullies...

10/25/2022 7:42 pm  #244

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

10/25/2022 11:05 pm  #245

Looked like the first guy down took at least 6 or 7 others down directly and hundreds indirectly.
When they stood up, getting on the bike and getting moving appeared to be tricky too.

11/22/2022 11:19 pm  #246

Look what this biker did to that poor car.  

I suspect the car hit a post of some kind and the guy was using the dent to hold his bike up while he was on the phone.

Anti theft, who would be seen riding it.

11/25/2022 2:33 am  #247

You can peddle till the cows come home, all the way over there.

1/15/2023 12:28 am  #248

Now they are making bicycle tires the way they make Moon Rover tires.
I guess they are lighter, strong enough, and expensive as hell.

1/15/2023 6:45 am  #249

Fred and his hygienist are gonna love this, (cyclist insider: a Fred spends willy nilly on tech regardless of functionality and he's usually a dentist)

2/16/2023 7:19 am  #250

This guy is a diehard. 

Board footera