cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/22/2021 8:51 pm  #1

Weird News

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/23/2021 5:37 am  #2

Re: Weird News

I'm surprised they don't just cull them. Now they're spreading the problem out...

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/23/2021 11:25 am  #3

I thought it was bad when someone got my goat?

7/26/2021 11:27 am  #4

In my limited experience with goats, I  think first prize in a drawing would be one, second two etc.

8/13/2021 2:40 pm  #5

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

9/01/2021 1:59 pm  #6

Bull Rider Killed In Freak Accident

Why is this of interest to you, dear Dwellar?  Because of the bull's name.

Nope, Ima make ya read the article.  Yeah, I'm feeling mean today.

9/01/2021 4:53 pm  #7

Blast from the past.
Reality check, nobody riding a bull dies in a "freak accident."

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

9/01/2021 4:55 pm  #8

Also... "It clearly was not an act of aggression," he said. "The bull was bucking in his normal pattern."

Mmmkay.

9/01/2021 6:32 pm  #9

*giggle*

I'll pass the message.

Be Just And Fear Not

9/01/2021 6:57 pm  #10

lol at the bull's name

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

9/01/2021 10:30 pm  #11

Ya know... after mulling this for a couple of hours likeyado..   if I had a rodeo bull,  I'd call him Stan.  Then if anything like this happened,  it'd be....

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

9/02/2021 7:38 pm  #12

Stan's fault?

Be Just And Fear Not

9/02/2021 10:02 pm  #13

Understandable?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

9/02/2021 10:03 pm  #14

.... I'll get my coat.....

9/03/2021 6:35 am  #15

Why did Constantinople get the works?

9/03/2021 12:07 pm  #16

that's nobody's business but the Turks

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

12/09/2021 9:22 pm  #17

12/09/2021 9:43 pm  #18

shocked, shocked I tell you!

The organisers of the pageant, the Camel Club, were cited as saying that they were "keen to halt all acts of tampering and deception in the beautification of camels" and promising to "impose strict penalties on manipulators".They described how Botox was injected into camels' lips, noses, jaws and other parts of their heads to relax muscles; collagen fillers were used to make their lips and noses bigger; and hormones were given to boost muscle growth.Rubber bands were also used on animals to make body parts bigger than normal by restricting the flow of blood, they said.

Honestly, good on 'em. 

Those other hacks, they can compete in the unlimited category.

Be Just And Fear Not

2/17/2022 1:08 pm  #19

2/20/2022 1:19 am  #20

I heard there's a bunch of Bentley's on that boat.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

2/20/2022 1:39 am  #21

Stupid, spend $50,000 to move a rock because it was called niggerhead rock in a magazine 97 fucking years ago?
Also, what's with the N*****head. Do they think black people aren't smart enough to know what that means?
Black people aren't aware of racial slurs? Offensive terms can't be printed in historical context about them?.
And all this at a University where intelligent people are supposed to be concentrated.
Back in the day you had to work to offend the whipper snappers on the lawn.

2/20/2022 11:50 am  #22

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

I heard there's a bunch of Bentley's on that boat.

Apparently a fire broke out on 16 Feb (in light seas).  By 17 Feb in the early morning, 22 crewmen had to abandon ship.  A tanker (from Corpus Christie to Rotterdam) took them aboard.  Somehow, all 22 then got transferred to the Azores.

Apparently the vehicle carrier turned east to get within 100 miles of the Azores.  But no port there is large enough for this ship.  Nearest port is 900 miles away.

Yesterday, a salvage company deployed heavy equipment on the Azores to board to fight the fire.  Also a tug was deployed.  Unknown if it has taken the ship in tow or where it might go.

Last edited by tw (2/20/2022 11:50 am)

2/20/2022 12:46 pm  #23

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Back in the day you had to work to offend the whipper snappers on the lawn.

"Back in the day" is a bad time to emulate, when it comes to racism.  It's good that we don't have to ignore as many of the lesser problems now as people beaten down by bigger ones used to have to.

2/20/2022 10:42 pm  #24

I agree that racism is alive and rampant, but that $50 grand could be put to a more solid plan to fight it than moving that fucking rock. If someone is offended by the rock then they are doing pretty well, there is way too many people with legitimate beefs that should be addressed instead of squandering resources on bullshit  The school is doing a hey, look over here aren't we wonderful while not accomplishing anything but making phoney brownie points.

2/21/2022 12:10 pm  #25

Never doing anything as long as you could theoretically (but don't actually plan to) do something better with that money, isn't a good plan either.

I don't have any strong feelings about the rock in particular (and I'm really not in any position to in any sense), but arguments like "nobody I know thought X was racist years ago" and "we should ignore X as long as Y exists" are used across the board.on many issues, and are a pet peeve of mine.

Last edited by Happy Monkey (2/21/2022 12:11 pm)

Board footera