cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/26/2021 7:23 pm  #1

Canopy World Record

Three engineers from Kennedy gathered a bunch of people who had won competitions around the world and descended on Florida Thanksgiving week last year. The first part of the week the tail end of Hurricane Wilma push them around but finally on the 25th & 26th it calmed down and they set a new world record for a canopy dive.

"The 3 divers teamed up when their careers all brought them to Kennedy Space Center in the mid-1980s.
They're quick to thank the camaraderie of each other and the sport's community for keeping them together.
"The canopy formation group is really a tight-knit group," said Bolton.
"Yes, because when you're tangled up with someone spinning towards the ground at hundreds of miles an hour, you build fast friendships," joked Keenan.
To date, each jumper has successfully landed between 2,000 to 6,000 skydives."

You might want to turn the sound down on the video.
Video here 

Story here https://www.documentingreality.com/forum/f229/81-skydivers-set-new-canopy-formation-world-record-114591/

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (7/26/2021 7:32 pm)

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

7/26/2021 7:53 pm  #2

Re: Canopy World Record

I could see those pictures.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

7/26/2021 8:09 pm  #3

I just tried the same site to post a pic and got a broken image placeholder.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/26/2021 8:15 pm  #4

I'll try again:

OK, but I had to open the pic, and then open the pic in a new tab and copy that address to get the link to work.

Koo.  Ky.

Does that one work Fargon?  Jim?

Last edited by TheNeverWas (7/26/2021 8:17 pm)

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/26/2021 8:19 pm  #5

TheNeverWas wrote:

OK, but I had to open the pic, and then open the pic in a new tab and copy that address to get the link to work.

Just like when I use the monkey method.

7/26/2021 8:25 pm  #6

What site, the canopy record pictures were posted using https://freeimage dot host/. After loading there you have to click "viewer links" then "BBcode full image". The link will spell out then click copy at the right end and paste into your post.
BUT I just posted a picture in "Home Power Production"(Technology and the Internet) using what I think Henry was suggesting using the upload box at the top of the reply box. It was quick and simple, hope people can see it.

7/27/2021 8:46 am  #7

I can see the picture.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

7/27/2021 11:05 am  #8

All pics lima charlie on IE.

Somebody in the canopy should bring a goose call.

7/27/2021 12:27 pm  #9

2,000 to 6,000 skydives each.  I wonder if they get boring after a while?

I suppose that's why they are looking to do things like this.

7/27/2021 4:27 pm  #10

6,000? that easy, just do it three times a day, every day for five years

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

7/28/2021 11:40 am  #11

glatt wrote:

2,000 to 6,000 skydives each.  I wonder if they get boring after a while?

I suppose that's why they are looking to do things like this.

If they're not boring, they sure as hell have to be expensive.
I put them along with sea cruises as the most self-indulgent activity possible. 

8/01/2021 10:40 pm  #12

I hear tell a mistress can be pretty spendy too.

Board footera