cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/29/2021 12:06 am  #1

The Children Must Be Edumacated

Get them to the school no matter what it takes. A blizzard? Just pack another arm load of wood.
Fortunately for the horses, not so much for the kids, northern Maine is getting warmer.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

7/29/2021 6:27 am  #2

Re: The Children Must Be Edumacated

That actually looks like fun, but I wonder if it isn't an ice fishing shack.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/30/2021 11:28 pm  #3

I didn't think of that, it could be.
Looks like a bump out in front for the drivers legs but I hope his butt is inside.
If not I guess there would be another adult inside tending the stove.
These kids grow up around wood stoves so maybe just older kids for that.

7/31/2021 7:18 pm  #4

I think I remember that pic from the Before Times.  Seems like it was a fishing shanty, or something.  Couldn't bet on it, though.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

8/01/2021 9:02 pm  #5

If it was a fishing shack it should have been out on the ice long before that much snow on the ground.
But it could well be a former fishing shack, or one pressed into service because of the heavy snow.
The kids in northern Maine were pretty spread out so they only walked to school if it was uphill both ways.

8/02/2021 11:44 am  #6

Porta-a-potty?
There are also portable saunas.

8/02/2021 11:47 am  #7

Lots of sites do ID the pic as a school bus in Northern Maine  1930.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Board footera