cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/24/2021 7:55 am  #1

What is the deal with clown cars?

We've been getting a lot of this lately.

Along with the occasional this.

It's become a thing around here to caravan bar hop on 4 wheelers / side by sides with political flags optional. I guess it's not drunk driving if you're driving a clown car instead of a road legal vehicle.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

9/24/2021 7:59 am  #2

Re: What is the deal with clown cars?

*get off my lawn*

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

9/24/2021 8:34 am  #3

We're getting some sort of midnight - 1AM race cars pods with no mufflers driving around town.  And backfiring.  When did backfiring get to be cool?  It's like they tune the engines to backfire. 

They wake you up and you can hear them and tell from where the sound is coming from exactly where they are and what corner they are taking, and the straightaway where they are accelerating, and the exit ramp 1.5 miles away that they are taking.  You do sleepy rough calculations in your head and figure they covered that mile and a half in what, 30-40 seconds? Can't come up with the number, but it's too fast, whatever it is.  At least the highway must be empty, so it's only the 2000-3000 people along the way that they are waking up as they drive by,. 

So freaking loud.  Who does that?

At least they vary their routes and I only hear them once every week or two.

9/24/2021 12:38 pm  #4

You can drive quads right on the regular roads, without even a license plate or something.?? ???

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

9/25/2021 6:40 am  #5

As long as the traffic laws are not enforced. States vary on licensing.

We've had an uptick in helicopter life flights. I must be moving towards law and  order conservatism as my region turns away from it.

Last edited by griff (9/25/2021 6:49 am)

9/25/2021 1:06 pm  #6

Is this upstate New York or PA?
In either case that's why I voted for VT.

Last edited by footfootfoot (9/25/2021 1:06 pm)

Hey! That's me up there!

9/25/2021 1:38 pm  #7

griff wrote:

We've had an uptick in helicopter life flights. I must be moving towards law and  order conservatism as my region turns away from it.

This part is *very expensive*.  Maybe this problem will soon solve itself, with a creamy layer of sadness.

Be Just And Fear Not

9/25/2021 4:27 pm  #8

footfootfoot wrote:

Is this upstate New York or PA?
In either case that's why I voted for VT.

This is in my corner of PA.
(photos not mine)

Last edited by griff (9/25/2021 4:28 pm)

9/25/2021 4:30 pm  #9

BigV wrote:

griff wrote:

This part is *very expensive*.  Maybe this problem will soon solve itself, with a creamy layer of sadness.

You would think paying down that bill would give someone pause.

9/27/2021 7:04 pm  #10

Maybe they aren't paying that bill?

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

9/28/2021 6:02 am  #11

True words brother.

Board footera