cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/07/2021 8:34 pm  #1

The Sanctity of Life

I am perplexed.  A woman refuses covid vaccine on religious grounds because stem cells were used in its development and she believes in the Sanctity of Life.  Doesn't the Sanctity of Life also cover hew own life and that of the kidney donor who was kept "alive" until the organ was harvested?

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/politics/2021/10/07/colorado-woman-who-wont-get-vaccinated-denied-transplant/

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

10/07/2021 8:57 pm  #2

Re: The Sanctity of Life

Maybe there's linear pattern to her logic, or she's conflicted, or confused, or a super-compartmentalizer... or blithely hypocritical.

Be Just And Fear Not

10/09/2021 9:30 pm  #3

She's just repeating bits she was told without a clue as to what they mean or if they go together.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

10/10/2021 6:01 am  #4

This is an interesting crossroad in our culture. I'd assume it used to be Christians were a preferred group when it came to transplants. They would have been ideal patients as non-hell-raisers and rule followers. Choosing the vaccine as the line in the sand rather than one of the countless other medical advancements looks hypocritical but I would argue that the actually have no idea and are actually being manipulated by mostly irreligious media.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/10/2021 6:58 am  #5

"Nineteen of Facebook top 20 pages for American Christians were managed by Eastern European troll farms, and internal report obtained by MIT Technology Review from a former Facebook employee, reveals."

https://evangelicalfocus.com/life-tech/13567/eastern-european-trolls-controlled-large-us-christian-facebook-pages

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera