cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/17/2021 9:31 pm  #1

What is the most radical thing you've done....

1) Politically
2) Artistically
3) Financially
4) Socially
5) Career-wise
6) Whilst travelling
7) Relationship-wise
8) in a shop/store

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

10/18/2021 9:06 am  #2

Re: What is the most radical thing you've done....

monster wrote:

1) Politically
2) Artistically
3) Financially
4) Socially
5) Career-wise
6) Whilst travelling
7) Relationship-wise
8) in a shop/store

8). I once went into Waitrose carrying a Tesco shopping bag. Does that count?

10/18/2021 10:07 pm  #3

Wait for the statute of limitations to run out.
Toad, that Freebird was impromptu wasn't it? 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

10/19/2021 6:32 am  #4

1) Politically : replaced stolen Biden signs in my blood and soil neighborhhood
2) Artistically : built a post and beam house
3) Financially : bought land in the ADK
4) Socially : gave up alcohol
5) Career-wise : quit a decently paying job in aerospace
6) Whilst travelling : bribed a cop (sounds better than getting squeezed by a dirty cop)
7) Relationship-wise : stayed home with my girls before it was cool
8) in a shop/store : sold a tandem bike which was gathering dust in the shop even though the couple crashed on the test ride

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/22/2021 9:24 pm  #5

6) Trying to visit Dracula's castle in Romania before it became a real tourist thing and the country opened up a bit.  Didn't seem like a bad idea at the time.....

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

10/23/2021 3:24 pm  #6

1) Politically  I sent in the little postcard when Selective Service was re-instated.  Was that Reagan, or Carter?
2) Artistically  I carved a stick.  Out of another stick.
3) Financially  Sold my livelihood...Souls weren't bringing nearly as much...It's worked out fairly well.
4) Socially  Changed nothing during the pandemic shut-down, and conformed 100%.
5) Career-wise  See #3.
6) Whilst travelling  Peed off a really high bridge.
7) Relationship-wise  Got dumped by my bartendress when I got sick.  Joke's on her, I ain't dying no more.
8) in a shop/store  Peed in the floor in the liqour sto-...Wait, that wasn't me.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

10/24/2021 8:41 pm  #7

^WHS

3/30/2022 2:48 pm  #8

TheNeverWas wrote:

Joke's on her, I ain't dying no more.

It appears I may have spoken too soon...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/30/2022 3:42 pm  #9

TheNeverWas wrote:

TheNeverWas wrote:

Joke's on her, I ain't dying no more.

It appears I may have spoken too soon...

Now you stop that right there!

Living life on the edge.

3/30/2022 4:26 pm  #10

What Limey said!!!

I Love my country, I fear the government.

3/30/2022 8:28 pm  #11

Would if I could, I ain't got a lot of choice in the matter.

But, when ya hear the words "99% sure it's gonna be", it usually is.

3/30/2022 9:00 pm  #12

Sorry grav. 

3/30/2022 10:42 pm  #13

3/31/2022 5:34 am  #14

Hoping for good news anyway, Grav.

3/31/2022 5:58 am  #15

Sorry man. I'm hoping for the best,

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/31/2022 1:02 pm  #16

I'm trying to do the same.  Waiting on an oncologist.

Idk how bad this'll be, but I expect I will not be contributing to the advancement of the national lifespan expectancy average.

3/31/2022 1:38 pm  #17

Forgot to say thanks, guys.  So...

Thanks, guys!

3/31/2022 4:25 pm  #18

oh fukkit.Fingers crossed x

Living life on the edge.

4/01/2022 8:50 am  #19

Can't get in to an oncologist.  Either too far out to suit my other drs, or like my local oncologist, on spring break.

4/01/2022 9:07 am  #20

Other options? Somebody further away?

4/01/2022 7:24 pm  #21

your dr goes on spring break?  I hope it's to be on the urgent care team and not to be on CNN or Cops.  ffs

I did read/skim the article, it's scary sounding.  But I did also note carefully that

Fewer than 1% of patients died because of leukemia progression.

which is similar to the general population.  So, you got that goin for you.

all else aside, it's scary as fuck, and I'm sorry you're burdened with this plus bs with doctor access.  I can't help with that at the moment.  but if I find somewhere else to stick my nose in/give you a hand, trust me, I will, friend.

Be Just And Fear Not

4/01/2022 9:00 pm  #22

Yeah, I also got My Luck going for me.

I never been one of the 1%.

4/02/2022 11:17 am  #23

C (for Chronic) is the key word.
It is the L word that scares the shit out of you.   
Read the prognosis part of your link a few times.

4/02/2022 3:49 pm  #24

Yeah, I'll get right on it.

Like I ain't read it ten times...

4/03/2022 12:18 pm  #25

TheNeverWas wrote:

Yeah, I'll get right on it.

Like I ain't read it ten times...

Nice answer.  Makes me glad I didn't offer my own experience.

Board footera