cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/27/2021 4:44 pm  #1

Urban trailblazing

I call you attention to a thread on the archived site.  http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27366

Longer ago than I care to recall, I cut across a lawn and created a new path through a city park in DC.

Well, they redid the park during the pandemic, and they made my trail official.  They made it the MAIN FREAKING TRAIL.

The end,

10/27/2021 5:05 pm  #2

Re: Urban trailblazing

You should install a little plaque, and see if they take it down. I bet they won't.

10/27/2021 5:16 pm  #3

This is incredible.

So, once they're acclimated to the plaque, you can begin phase two--
start replacing the plaque with an identical plaque with slightly altered text

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

10/28/2021 6:08 am  #4

Clodfobble wrote:

You should install a little plaque, and see if they take it down. I bet they won't.

This is the way.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/28/2021 1:02 pm  #5

It starts out small, then fast forward twenty years...

glatt: "Do you know who I am?? I RUN THIS TOWN."

10/28/2021 11:22 pm  #6

Typical of the policy in DC, follow the bad boys. Make the grass killers, sod stompers, and mud churners the accepted mainstream norm.  But alas, the winners write the history books.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

10/29/2021 1:42 pm  #7

you might want to temper your comments when referring to glatt

I'd hate for a piano to fall on your head

10/30/2021 12:04 am  #8

I ain't scairt. I chastised him when he did it for tearing up public property to save one minute commute time.
I've reminded him of his transgression once or twice. Now he reports the movement he started has resulted in an increase in impervious surface and less grazing for the goats, which is driving climate change.

glatt isn't a piano dropper he's an honorable man. He speaks openly of accomplishments without bragging. He will admit and learn from misjudgments. He never kicks puppies, only kills an occasional Jerusalem Cricket or mouse.
And any occasion where off color language is called for he first checks to see if there are any innocents within hearing range.

No danger there, even after all these years working in the City of Sin for a firm in a quasi-honorable field, he’s maintained his integrity and decorum.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

10/30/2021 10:36 am  #9

That's some of the nicest stuff I've heard about me.

I feel like the whole thread and the old one too are close to being a brag, but I thought it was worth the risk of bragging because it had some interest.

There isn't much interesting in my life these days, so it's worth noting it when there is.

Board footera