cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/02/2021 4:43 pm  #1

MY CAT IS FOUND!!!!!!!!

Alive and well.  long long story.  Back later with it

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

11/02/2021 5:36 pm  #2

Re: MY CAT IS FOUND!!!!!!!!

Great news!  I was starting feel a little bad having a fairly fresh kitty named after you, and you potentially losing your own kitty...

It's good to have the kitty back, no?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

11/02/2021 5:42 pm  #3

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Living life on the edge.

11/02/2021 5:49 pm  #4

cats amirite

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

11/02/2021 6:10 pm  #5

Fantastic news!

11/02/2021 6:19 pm  #6

OMG I could kill some people. 

There's a Cat Clinic on the main road next to the entrance to our subdivision.  Atomic likes to hunt in the woods between us.  Apparently, he also visits them occasionally.  But they figured he was "owned" because he was a happy, healthy, neutered male who only showed up in the afternoons......

Last week, he puked up a hairball on their doorstep.   Someone saw him puke this hairball and started trashing the clinic on a local social media site called "Next Door" (in which I have never had any interest and now I feel justified in that.....) ...saying they were ignoring  sick homeless animal right there on their doorstep. 

Friday night he was there as it was going dark, and with all the pressure from this group and him being black and it being halloween weekend, they decided to take him in.  They scanned him but his chip didn't read :/  So they kept him.  They didn't see the poster I left on their door, and my description everywhere mentions he's chipped.

Today, they decided to call the humane society to see if there were any reports, and there was -mine! HS sent the picture to them, it matched.  they told them he was chipped, so the clinic tried scanning again and this time it worked so they called me.

Last edited by monster (11/02/2021 6:20 pm)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

11/02/2021 6:20 pm  #7

Flint wrote:

cats amirite

scowl

Be Just And Fear Not

11/02/2021 6:21 pm  #8

but monster, I'm delighted to hear your story!!!!!!!

welcome home Atomic, you dog, you

Be Just And Fear Not

11/02/2021 6:41 pm  #9

In many ways, Next Door is worse than Facebook, because it's all hyperlocal gripes and politics from people who genuinely live in your neighborhood. The @BestOfNextDoor Twitter account is pretty funny, though.

11/02/2021 7:32 pm  #10

I'm leery that I get occasional mail addressed from "my neighbor" who is in the next neighborhood along the main street -which is separated from us by quite some physical distance including open land.... clearly mailed from elsewhere inviting me to join.  We have a facebook group for our 'hood which works perfectly well for what we need. 

11/02/2021 8:14 pm  #11

Very glad that He is home.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

11/03/2021 5:56 am  #12

Glad he's back and today I learned about another social media platform to avoid.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/03/2021 3:23 pm  #13

Clodfobble wrote:

In many ways, Next Door is worse than Facebook, because it's all hyperlocal gripes and politics from people who genuinely live in your neighborhood. The @BestOfNextDoor Twitter account is pretty funny, though.

I signed up for NextDoor with a disposable email account to see how it might work to advertise a blood drive there. I lasted less than 5 minutes.   The only thing I remember was somebody complaining that kids on bicycles don't come to a complete stop at stop signs in the neighborhood.  And a long thread of people agreeing with them.

Couldn't get out of there fast enough, and I wouldn't want the at my blood drive.  They would complain that the needles are sharp.

11/03/2021 3:40 pm  #14

I signed up for Next Door a few months ago - can't recall off hand why - wow, it's some petty shit!
One woman posted about how awful dog owners are because they allowed their dog to cock a leg on their wheelie bin (trash) while it was at the end of their drive ready for the weekly collection.  In the back and forth in the comments she said she has CCTV camera - and people were suggesting she post it to 'shame' the perpetrators

Jfc people get a sense of perspective. 

11/03/2021 3:42 pm  #15

Oh - and Monster - I hadn't realised your cat was missing but am awfully glad he's back safe and sound

11/03/2021 5:14 pm  #16

glatt wrote:

Couldn't get out of there fast enough, and I wouldn't want the at my blood drive.  They would complain that the needles are sharp.

They'd complain more if they were blunt

DanaC wrote:

how awful dog owners are because they allowed their dog to cock a leg on their wheelie bin (trash) while it was at the end of their drive 

tbh that pisses me off too.  Dog piss reeks and we have to store the wheelie bins in our garages during the week.  And don't let them piss on my flowerbeds either.  Get off my lawn an' all

11/04/2021 5:36 am  #17

DanaC wrote:

I signed up for Next Door a few months ago - can't recall off hand why - wow, it's some petty shit!
One woman posted about how awful dog owners are because they allowed their dog to cock a leg on their wheelie bin (trash) while it was at the end of their drive ready for the weekly collection.  In the back and forth in the comments she said she has CCTV camera - and people were suggesting she post it to 'shame' the perpetrators

Jfc people get a sense of perspective. 

Every so often I receive a mail shot inviting me to join Next Door.
I did have a look, mostly out of curiosity, at the sign up page.
I was instantly put off by the amount of personal info required before you start.
The remains of the latest letter, blank spaces duly removed for scrap paper, are on the floor by my overflowing waste paper basket.

11/04/2021 3:02 pm  #18

@ Monster - Oh I don't disagree - it's the idea of posting videos to 'shame' dog owners because of ir |I think is an over reaction

@ Carrithers - yeah pretty much want your inside leg measurement and bra size for the ladies

Board footera