cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/03/2021 4:15 pm  #1

A new granddaughter has arrived

She was born about 10 days ago to my daughter who lives up near Seattle. 8 lbs 6 oz so not small really. This makes 21 grand kids, we also have on great grandson who arrived earlier this year. 

They chose a very Irish name, Not surprising as my daughter is named Bridget Mary Kathleen and first child she had is a boy called Ronan. So this one is named Saoirse which if you are not familiar is pronounced Sorsha. Saoirse Ronan was the actress in Little Women a couple of  years ago. 

We are flying up to see her next week. We have another grandson due in December. Crazy. 

Last edited by Chrisinhouston (11/03/2021 4:16 pm)

11/03/2021 4:52 pm  #2

Re: A new granddaughter has arrived

21 grandkids makes for a big Christmas!

11/03/2021 4:55 pm  #3

Congrats!

11/03/2021 11:46 pm  #4

Congrats to the Mom and family. I'd be afraid that name would prove to be a pain in the ass for her. Having a unique name can have advantages, but one that nobody can spell or pronounce can be tough, but what do I know.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

12/21/2021 7:28 pm  #5

Ahhhhh congrats!!!!!!!

12/21/2021 9:15 pm  #6

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Congrats to the Mom and family. I'd be afraid that name would prove to be a pain in the ass for her. Having a unique name can have advantages, but one that nobody can spell or pronounce can be tough, but what do I know.

I knew how to pronounce it.  And If I hadn't, I'd've asked.  Even a name like Sara has more than one possibility.  Congrats Chis. momma, papa and all.  Next battle.... keeping her birthday separate from whichever midwinter holiday her family celebrates.  Until she complains that you do that ;)  (regards, parent of December baby)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

12/22/2021 7:12 am  #7

Congrats!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/25/2021 1:08 am  #8

monster wrote:

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

I knew how to pronounce it.

I'm sure you did, but normal people won't.

And If I hadn't, I'd've asked.

I sure you would, as will every normal person she meets for the rest of her life.  

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera