cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/10/2021 11:09 pm  #1

11 for 11/11

(but nothing related to Remembrance/Veteran's Day ...out of respect rather than lack of it.)

11) Do you make a wish if you happen to look at a clock an notice the time is 11:11?
10) Do you have ten fingers/thumbs and ten toes?
9) What was the most recent thing you said No to?
8) What was the last thing you ate?
7) What is your favorite way to be naughty?
6) When was the last time you physically rolled dice?
5) What/Who was the last thing you punched?
4) What is your favorite season?
3) Which part of the tHGttG trilogy is the best?
2) Have you ever worn a tutu (real or costume?)
1) What is your favorite word right now?
0) Is my laundry ready?

Last edited by monster (11/11/2021 6:39 pm)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

11/11/2021 5:39 am  #2

Re: 11 for 11/11

11) Do you make a wish if you happen to look at a clock an notice the time is 11:11? no. Is that a thing?
10) So you have ten fingers/thumbs and ten toes? yep
9) What was the most recent thing you said No to? managing a local event
8) What was the last thing you ate? muesli
7) What is your favorite way to be naughty? eat chocolate behind Mr Limey's back
6) When was the last time you physically rolled dice? so long ago I don't remember
5) What/Who was the last thing you punched? so long ago I don't remember
4) What is your favorite season? late spring
3) Which part of the tHGttG trilogy is the best? what?
2) Have you ever worn a tutu (real or costume?) no
1) What is your favorite word right now? I can't think of one right now
0) Is my laundry ready? no

Living life on the edge.

11/11/2021 7:10 am  #3

11) Do you make a wish if you happen to look at a clock an notice the time is 11:11? I'm beginning to suspect that numbers are much more alive for you than me. (no)
10) So you have ten fingers/thumbs and ten toes? At this time.
9) What was the most recent thing you said No to? A pair of evals over Christmas break.
8) What was the last thing you ate? Eggs
7) What is your favorite way to be naughty? apple fritter
6) When was the last time you physically rolled dice? Two weeks ago today, meaning it's dice night!
5) What/Who was the last thing you punched? time card in the eighties
4) What is your favorite season? I'm a big fan of seasons, but Fall rocks.
3) Which part of the tHGttG trilogy is the best? I failed to read these.
2) Have you ever worn a tutu (real or costume?) no
1) What is your favorite word right now? corvid
0) Is my laundry ready? yes, it's time for another load.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/11/2021 3:37 pm  #4

(but nothing related to Remembrance/Veteran's Day ...out of respect rather than lack of it.)

11) Do you make a wish if you happen to look at a clock an notice the time is 11:11?
I have on occasion, but rarely.

10) So you have ten fingers/thumbs and ten toes?
How did you know?!?!

9) What was the most recent thing you said No to?
I declined to accompany Twil to the hospital recently.  SOUNDS WAY WORSE THAN IT REALLY WAS.  She's fine, fine, really, we're good, thanks.

8) What was the last thing you ate?
I had a bowl of oxtail stew for dinner--delicious!  No breakfast yet.  Presumably black coffee and 4/10 of the top Rxes don't count, right? 

7) What is your favorite way to be naughty?
Pass.

No, ok.  There's a game called Mad Gab. The object of the game is to understand what regular English phrase is meant by the phonetically similar but very different words printed on the cards.  It's pretty fun, and occasionally hilarious.  It reminds me of the test where you're looking at words that are the names of colors, but the color of the type and the word the letters spell are different, like PINK printed in blue letters.  The sensation of having to think about two things at once and discern the "right" meaning between them is an enjoyable exercise for me.  A naughty response I sometimes enjoy is to deliberately respond to the unintended meaning in a conversation.  Classic double entendres are, of course, classic.  But even ambiguous (or lazy) constructions like "Do you want to go to the Italian restaurant or the Greek restaurant?" are fairly answered with "Yes."  Truthful, honest, unhelpful.  Yeah. Naughty.  Those are fun.

6) When was the last time you physically rolled dice?
It's probably been a couple weeks. I recently got a little solitaire game called Doom Machine and it's *brutal*.  I'll post a couple pictures.  They're just d6s, yellow ones and black ones.

5) What/Who was the last thing you punched?
A sleeping bag into its stuff sack.

4) What is your favorite season?
The current one, until near the end of it then definitely the upcoming one.  It's a cycle.  And spring, I like spring.

3) Which part of the tHGttG trilogy is the best?
The 42 towels.

2) Have you ever worn a tutu (real or costume?)
No, I can't remember ever wearing a tutu, real or costume.

1) What is your favorite word right now?
Kindness.

0) Is my laundry ready?
Ismael On Treed Her Eddy

Be Just And Fear Not

11/11/2021 3:42 pm  #5

11) Do you make a wish if you happen to look at a clock an notice the time is 11:11? I'm beginning to suspect that numbers are much more alive for you than me. (no)

I like this.

Be Just And Fear Not

11/11/2021 6:44 pm  #6

griff wrote:

11) Do you make a wish if you happen to look at a clock an notice the time is 11:11? I'm beginning to suspect that numbers are much more alive for you than me.

Numbers are everything, my friend.  Well number and words.  Which are kind of like numbers. ;)

My daughter came home from school with the making a wish at 11:11 thing, I'd never heard of it before.  But I do smile inwardly when I notice the time is 12:34 or think "my time" if if see it's 9:23 

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

11/12/2021 8:05 am  #7

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

Board footera