cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/11/2021 8:55 pm  #1

Rant

Has everything got to be politisized anymore. I have heard several News storys in the past year about mask wearing in public schools, it makes since to me to wear a mask in a crowed classroom, or get a shot that is free and takes 15 minutes of your time. I heard a clip from a school board meeting where a good honest dipshit said that his children would not be wearing masks in school because of his rights. Then he went on to threaten the board member with ruining their political career. why are people so stupid?

I Love my country, I fear the government.

11/11/2021 10:12 pm  #2

Re: Rant

I dunno if you'll be able to see this but....

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

11/12/2021 1:18 pm  #3

I'll remind my queer friends that the angry gun nuts outside their businesses are just on the news

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

11/12/2021 2:16 pm  #4

Undertoad wrote:

you didn't see people. you saw people on the news. you saw a particular set of people that the news decided to show you.

the news portrays the people you disagree with as stupid. this is in no way accidental

this provokes an emotional reaction in you which is very strong - as we see, strong enough to write one of your longer rantier posts

and causing you to see other people as an out-group reinforces in your mind that the news is your in-group

the news is now a valuable source to inform you about your new enemy and reinforce the correct opinions

tune in tomorrow and good luck to us all

you're right.

;)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

11/13/2021 7:05 pm  #5

I've seen a lot of queers in my lifetime most of which I didn't know the were queer, some I did. But the only place I saw flamers was on TV or movies, usually in a comedy skit/plot... until a few weeks ago.
I went to the supermarket pharmacy to get my pfizer booster shot and the nurse dude was a flamer, a swisher, a living example of the most outrageous comedy skit ever right there in person. Honestly, he minced, limp wristed, heavy eye makeup, lipstick, dangling earrings. It was great.
He took me in the back room to do the shot and got very friendly, but since I'm about as far from attractive as possible it couldn't be that. I finally figured it must have been the tattoo of a bear on my arm where the shot went convinced him I was a bear. That's the only thing I can come up with, but I was glad to meet him as I was highly entertained, and smiling the rest of the day. 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera