cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/31/2021 1:50 pm  #1

All hail the Royal Mail!

Earlier in the year I read 'Homesick: Why I Live in a Shed' by Catrina Davies. It's mainly about the dire shortage of housing in Cornwall.

The author received much coverage in the press and on TV which prompted a viewer to write to her.

The snag was the sender didn't know her address so just provided as much detail as possible.

The Royal Mail, being a highly resourceful bunch of people, delivered the letter with the note "Royal Mail never fails" written on it.

There's more. A couple of days ago I was sorting through the contents of my desk drawer, not a job for the faint hearted, when I unearthed a postcard from Sundae received in 2014.

We usually communicated by Email or text and she didn't have my home address to hand.

In possession of only my name and the name of my small town, she left the rest to the Royal Mail and it worked!

I liked the description of tall and slim but I wish to point out that my hair is not white. It's steel grey, thank you very much.
Glad we cleared that up.

Royal Mail delivers letter addressed to 'woman in Cornwall shed'

Last edited by Carruthers (12/31/2021 1:51 pm)

12/31/2021 3:20 pm  #2

Re: All hail the Royal Mail!

On the other hand, their "tracked" international packages are enough to give anyone a shock of white hair....

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

12/31/2021 3:38 pm  #3

monster wrote:

On the other hand, their "tracked" international packages are enough to give anyone a shock of white hair....

You speak from experience, I take it?

1/01/2022 5:37 pm  #4

Carruthers wrote:

I liked the description of tall and slim but I wish to point out that my hair is not white. It's steel grey, thank you very much.
Glad we cleared that up. 

Really, from whom did you steel it?

I've been going back and forth with my mail carrier. Only met her once, middle aged black woman with a giant smile.
I'd left notes of condolence on DeJoy, and thanks for working the pandemic.
Monday I left a note saying I didn't get mail on Saturday but hoped she had a nice Christmas.
Thursday I found a christmas card in the box...

Now, should I turn her in for delivering a card without a stamp? 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera