cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/01/2022 5:49 pm  #1

Something to Ponder

Hmm, were they all Oedipussies?

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/03/2022 2:33 pm  #2

Re: Something to Ponder

With the honourable exception of Freud, there's more international despots to the square yard there than anywhere else in Christendom.
I wonder what Freud would have made of them had they met him in his professional capacity.

Anyway, fun fact follows.
A branch of Freud's family emigrated to the US where they became successful poultry farmers in one of the southern states.
Surely you've heard of Kentucky Freud Chicken?

1/03/2022 4:13 pm  #3

Groan.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

1/03/2022 4:14 pm  #4

LOL!!!

I Love my country, I fear the government.

1/03/2022 4:40 pm  #5

Carruthers wrote:

A branch of Freud's family emigrated to the US where they became successful poultry farmers in one of the southern states.

They were Orally Chixated

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

1/14/2022 8:30 pm  #6

Carruthers wrote:

With the honourable exception of Freud, there's more international despots to the square yard there than anywhere else in Christendom.
I wonder what Freud would have made of them had they met him in his professional capacity.

That's the spirit, maintain your sense of humor or humour as the case may be, and always look on the bright side of life. 

1/14/2022 9:58 pm  #7

We hold these truths to be self evident....

1/22/2022 11:28 pm  #8

Some resisted it, some welcomed it, but most realized women would have to go to work in industry if we were going to win the war.
The question on many minds was how to integrate them into factories they had never even been allowed to see inside.

When I started at Westinghouse in '66 there was a woman running the big overhead crane who had hired on in '42. She liked it, she stayed when most women went home after the war. Importantly by that time she had a couple years seniority..

Board footera