cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/13/2022 4:37 pm  #1

Kudos to oustanding Level I engineers

You never know who you're gonna get when you call a helpdesk, but sometimes it's a real up-and-comer that gives you a little more deep dive than the others. You love to see it. Talked to this guy today, straight at the 800 number, who mentioned some tricks he'd picked up from L2s, that I'd never even heard of in 5 years on this system. Gotta figure out how to leave a good "review" for this dude.

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

1/13/2022 7:48 pm  #2

Re: Kudos to oustanding Level I engineers

Hey "dude"

You've been very, very helpful and I am grateful.  Who is your supervisor so I can give you credit?  And what is *your* contact information so I can make sure you get a copy too?

Thanks very much, 

Yours,

Flint.

Ideally added to the tail end of the conversation, but if you still have a ticket number, reference that ticket number for a followup.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/13/2022 10:13 pm  #3

Re: Kudos to oustanding Level I engineers

In my (more recent) experience when using that approach, sadly majority say the can't give out personally identifying  details and don't want to pass you on to a supervisor/put you on hold forever. I guess either it's just in case you're BSing and want to get them in trouble or there are no supervisors because understaffed like everyone else?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

Board footera