cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/01/2022 5:00 am  #1

A Very Weird Video,

This is a VHS video that was never on TV or in theaters but was sold and traded underground in the '90s.
It's called "Perverse Preachers, Fascist Fundamentalists And Kristian Kiddie Kooks"

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

2/02/2022 7:01 am  #2

Re: A Very Weird Video,

Confirmed

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/02/2022 10:32 am  #3

The movie is nothing more than cuts from TBN "Trinity Brodcasting Network" prosperty gospel at it's worse. As most of you know I'm a Born Again Christian, and tbn just pisses me off.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

2/02/2022 10:53 am  #4

I watch Christian Worship Hour, instead of going to the covid spreader at the church of choice.
Pastor Salem touches me with every message. He crossed the bar last December, and they are running old episodes.  I pray for a new church, but every Sunday morning at 7 I'm on the couch watching my favorite pastor. 
www.christianworshiphour.com

2/03/2022 3:00 am  #5

Fargon, you do your own thing, you like it, not bothering anyone, can't be cooler than that.
But you know as well as anyone there's a bunch of shysters out there fleecing little old ladies and anyone gullible for all the money they can. Scumbags through and through with monster churches and TV shows.

2/03/2022 7:55 am  #6

Fargon has the Christian Christianity thing figured out. I like that very much.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/03/2022 8:21 am  #7

We've got a neighboring town called Falls Church.  In Falls Church is a church called The Falls Church, and George Washington apparently attended there at times.  Well, around a decade ago, the Episcopal Church, which is the denomination that owns The Falls Church, decided that it believes in welcoming everyone, and that includes gays. Gays could be priests, and a few years later could even get married in the church.

There was a backlash, and a legal battle at The Falls Church.  It seems that a sizeable group within The Falls Church did not support this new policy, and they wanted to split off of the Episcopal Church and take their historic building with them.  The Episcopal Church said "we're sorry to see you go, but you can't have the building" and the courts agreed.

So this congregation of anti-gay Christians raised a bunch of money, and attracted a bunch of like minded individuals, and they built a nearby mega-church.  A whole complex really.  The complex includes a medical office building next to the church and a big parking garage.

I never thought I would be going to this mega church, but it turns out that my eye doctor moved her office into the new medical building in January, and so my appointment on Monday had me circling around the parking garage looking for a spot, and then entering the The Falls Church Anglican medical building.

I imagine they don't have to pay property taxes on the medical building, because they are a church.  That may be the future of churches faced with declining membership.  These real estate deals that get around tax laws and allow them an income stream they wouldn't have with a traditional church.

2/04/2022 3:55 am  #8

I've a hunch we would see the US declare our official language Chinese, or legal murder of someone stealing the parking spot you shoveled before churches lose that tax avoidance. That said, I think it's wrong for church owned income properties to not pay taxes.

2/04/2022 8:35 am  #9

Time for me to click that Church of The Dude link I guess.

2/04/2022 11:29 am  #10

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

I've a hunch we would see the US declare our official language Chinese, or legal murder of someone stealing the parking spot you shoveled before churches lose that tax avoidance. That said, I think it's wrong for church owned income properties to not pay taxes.

Churches should pay taxes on income property.

2/04/2022 2:55 pm  #11

I think some of these 'churches' are operated for profit.  And that should be taxed.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Board footera