cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/09/2022 3:11 am  #1

NYC Ain't Dirty

Look at it, all sparkling, clean, white as...  uh, white.

Central Park is 848 acres, which translates to over 39 million square feet. At $1,000 per square foot.
Central Park is worth over 39 trillion dollars.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (2/09/2022 3:18 am)

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

2/09/2022 9:54 am  #2

Re: NYC Ain't Dirty

Sometimes I get cynical and assume that Central Park will eventually be developed, because how could it not be with that amount of money at stake--but I've been to Central Park, and it was packed with people basically 24 hours a day. People use it, which means the outrage on even reducing its footprint would be massive.

2/10/2022 12:58 pm  #3

In my morning surfing, I came across this just after the above.
If it was good enough for Houston...:
https://tywkiwdbi.blogspot.com/2022/02/they-paved-paradise-put-up-parking-lot.html

2/13/2022 2:07 am  #4

I think another thing helping central park is a lot of wealthy influential people paid huge sums for living quarters overlooking the park, because they overlook the park.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

2/17/2022 8:34 am  #5

Pond creates a perfect target for a Russian hypersonic missile.

2/17/2022 12:51 pm  #6

Are you off yer meds again?

Why would they shoot the pond?

Kill our ducks and geese, that'll learn us to meddle.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

2/23/2022 8:21 am  #7

Seeing snow in NYC reminds me of the line from Tallulah Bankhead, ...pure as the driven slush.

Still, it's nice while it lasts.

Hey! That's me up there!

Board footera