cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/08/2022 12:13 am  #1

Elections are Expensive

I read something like $18 Billion this cycle but whatever they're costly it seems there are employees, consultants, and lawyers to pay but most of the money goes to TV. Every other year the purveyors of the great distraction device rake in the loot.
This is a list of the top 100 donors of (I can't bring myself to say clean money) above board money as opposed to dark money and dirty money.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

11/08/2022 6:50 am  #2

Re: Elections are Expensive

I'm not able to see any of your attachments today. ???

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/08/2022 7:56 am  #3

I can see them... Maybe a temporary loading issue?

11/08/2022 6:18 pm  #4

yep temporary

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/15/2022 7:44 pm  #5

Postimage seems to be having issues lately, getting overloaded, and jammed up.

11/16/2022 12:17 pm  #6

Lately?  Never.

11/18/2022 6:50 pm  #7

Don't worry, Ronnie Rayguns, the actor that paved the way for trump, promised trickle down...

9/30/2023 12:02 am  #8

Mostly because of Gerrymandering only 82 of the 435 House districts are competitive enough that both parties start with a shot at winning. So the election is decided in the ruling party primary. In midterms fewer than 20% of eligible voters bothered. So 353 reps are elected by a handful stalwarts, 353 representatives in the House are chosen by less than 20% of one party. This is why you must be aware of local politics from the dog catcher to the President. Don’t let the wackos take democracy down.

9/30/2023 4:57 pm  #9

I can't even bear to look at McCarthy, what a douche bag. He had a clear choice and could have played the statesman but that's too much of a reach.

Board footera