cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/25/2023 12:43 am  #1

Where the Hell is Toad's Tesla Thread???

You might have heard of a guy out west called Robert Downey Jr.
Probably has a laundry business doing ironing or something.
Anyway he has a small rather eclectic collection of cars that six of them are being converted
to electric power and then he's giving them away. Not quite as magnanimous as it sounds,
he's supplying the cars, but the Motor Trend channel is paying for the conversion and paying
him to do a show on each car. I saw pictures of this Corvette, a VW bus, and a jacked up older
Chevy pickup. He said a Mercedes that had belonged to his mother is also one.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

6/25/2023 7:17 am  #2

Re: Where the Hell is Toad's Tesla Thread???

Looks like UT has gone Anon.

6/25/2023 3:04 pm  #3

Undertoad has apparently deleted all his posts.  And left the Cellar.  Curious is why.

6/25/2023 3:06 pm  #4

There is no Undertoad.
There is only Anon.

We are the Anon. Delete your accounts and surrender your usernames. We will add your virtual and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your community will adapt to welcome us.

Resistance is futile.

6/25/2023 5:09 pm  #5

What the fuck, he was a reasonable likable guy. Then he got a trophy wife, a high rent job, a luxury car, and a case of Musk.
He didn't just take his posts he took a lot of mine where I didn't keep the original material because I thought it was safely ensconced here.
My bad.

I've run into a lot of people who are above average IQ that tell me they can't be fooled because they don't buy one side or the other, they investigate the situation themselves. That's bullshit, they aren't qualified or have the resources to investigate anything. All they are doing is listening to different sources and considering the horseshit on the web many are lies. Some are lies with an agenda, some are lies to stir shit for fun, some are earnest but wrong. If they are agreeing with your gut feeling then they are truthful and correct. If not, dismiss anything they say.
It's a shame because that behavior is sending us rapidly downhill. 

I'll tip my hat to the new Constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again, no, no… Yeah
Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (6/25/2023 5:10 pm)

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

6/25/2023 5:37 pm  #6

Anon demonstrates humor without contempt.  If this is a new UT, then something good has happened.

God sent lightning to change the world?

Last edited by tw (6/25/2023 5:38 pm)

6/25/2023 5:40 pm  #7

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

I'll tip my hat to the new Constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around  ...

Poetry with music.  And a beat.  The world is improving.

6/25/2023 5:55 pm  #8

tw wrote:

Poetry with music.  And a beat.

They calls 'em 'songs'.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

6/25/2023 6:01 pm  #9

tw wrote:

If this is a new UT...

Let's find out, shall we?

ELECTRIC CARS ARE FOR SUCKERS!

He won't be able to resist!  Muwahahah!!!!!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

6/25/2023 6:46 pm  #10

lol

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/25/2023 10:09 pm  #11

he couldn't take the heat. .?
must be tough when you've bet all your chips on the side of the loudmouthed asshole bigots. R.I.P. ..the Kool-Aid was too strong, it's a shame to see total brain rot

he's gone to a better place now, a nice farm upstate where all the alpha male Patriots have blue check marks, and the "others" are running scared, YEE HAWW

Last edited by Flint (6/25/2023 10:12 pm)

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

6/26/2023 5:54 am  #12

Just a note from your friendly mods. If you delete your account here, all of your posts get deleted too.So ... check out anytime you like, but just go and close the door behind you, without deleting your account, if you want to leave your threads (and others' contributions thereto) intact.

Last edited by Limey (6/26/2023 5:55 am)

Living life on the edge.

6/26/2023 5:54 am  #13

I go away for a few days and look what you guys do!
Seriously though, this has been coming for a long time but the Twitter silo didn't help. I'm not coming up with an example right now but it seemed like the last few topics he leaned into seemed to be constructions of the right telling the left what they're thinking.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/26/2023 6:02 am  #14

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

You might have heard of a guy out west called Robert Downey Jr.
Probably has a laundry business doing ironing or something.
Anyway he has a small rather eclectic collection of cars that six of them are being converted
to electric power and then he's giving them away. Not quite as magnanimous as it sounds,
he's supplying the cars, but the Motor Trend channel is paying for the conversion and paying
him to do a show on each car. I saw pictures of this Corvette, a VW bus, and a jacked up older
Chevy pickup. He said a Mercedes that had belonged to his mother is also one.

In other news, that Vette is making me hot. Marrying a gorgeous design and a modern powerplant really fills in a blank spot in electric vehicles.

Maybe we'll see a less meme driven Tony in the future.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/26/2023 9:38 am  #15

Flint wrote:

he couldn't take the heat. .?
must be tough when you've bet all your chips on the side of the loudmouthed asshole bigots. R.I.P.

That is somewhat sharp.  UT was not a bad person. Unfortunately he changed significantly over the past decade.  I have seen similar behavior changes from others once they started only watching Fox News.  And associated mostly with other extremist right wingers where anger and hate is routinely promoted. In one case, the victim finally obtained a psychologist.  Over the past year, his wife now says he has massively changed behavior.  Is now a happier person.

It suspect UT was suffering from a similar problem.  I would not condemn him for letting propaganda brainwash him.  But would have hoped my commentary got him to realize how much he had changed. Maybe seek help.

UT was a completely different person 30 years ago.  A moderate.

Last edited by tw (6/26/2023 9:40 am)

6/26/2023 12:24 pm  #16

America won't let people be Centrists.

6/26/2023 1:25 pm  #17

I had noticed that he got increasingly brittle since he started quoting Jordan Peterson back on the old site. 

6/26/2023 2:12 pm  #18

Happy Monkey wrote:

I had noticed that he got increasingly brittle since he started quoting Jordan Peterson back on the old site. 

I remember him reading a Jordan Peterson book and getting sorta, maybe converted to Christianity.
Also, what if the people getting bullied by right-wingers just got a thicker skin? Isn't it, when you think about it, kind of their fault that they're bothered by people saying they shouldn't exist?

6/26/2023 4:05 pm  #19

Happy Monkey wrote:

Brittle is a good word for it. We used to have conversations. That got reduced to reactions and baiting.

6/26/2023 4:15 pm  #20

I really appreciated UT's perspective.  We're less without him.  Critical thinking involves hearing other viewpoints so you can examine them and learn from them and fact check yourself.  He brought information here that I wasn't getting anywhere else.  Doesn't mean you have to agree with everything he said.  I wouldn't even say he was all that conservative.  Not a Henry or an Urbane, or a Merc.

6/26/2023 6:14 pm  #21

That's just it, he refused to accept anyone's opinion that didn't line up with his own.  He didn't just disagree, he refused to accept that anyone could have an opinion that didn't  agree with whatever he was opining about.

Politics, electric vehicles, or pretty much anything else.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (6/26/2023 6:15 pm)

6/26/2023 7:25 pm  #22

I thought Bruce was just commenting that there hadn't been new activity in the past few days or weeks.
Nope, the whole thing is gone. Maybe 100;s of posts.
Who can do that here?
Reminds me of Tricky Dick and Rose Mary Woods.
Or maybe Trump with his alternative news.

6/26/2023 10:29 pm  #23

Diaphone Jim wrote:

I thought Bruce was just commenting that there hadn't been new activity in the past few days or weeks.
Nope, the whole thing is gone. Maybe 100;s of posts.
Who can do that here?

I refer you back to Limey's comment ^up there somewhere

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/26/2023 10:36 pm  #24

Diaphone Jim wrote:

Who can do that here?

It's an annoying "feature" of this particular forum technology.  Bruce ran into it himself when he deleted the first post of the "dodads" thread on the old site, inadvertently deleting the entire thread, including everyone else's posts.

I suspect UT didn't intend to delete the whole thread; he may not have even intended to delete his own posts, but that's apparently just what happens when you delete your account.

Last edited by Happy Monkey (6/26/2023 10:38 pm)

6/27/2023 5:18 am  #25

When closing an account here, the instructions tell you exactly what’s going to happen. There’s no mistaking it unless you’re bombed out of your gourd.

Board footera