cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/09/2020 12:54 pm  #1

Your Stock Portfolio

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/09/2020 1:47 pm  #2

Re: Your Stock Portfolio

Yeah, the market likes predictability and divided government.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/09/2020 2:19 pm  #3

The market is drunk and needs to go home.

Covid cases up?  Stocks go up.  Covid cases down?  Stocks go up.  Stimulus deal is reached? Stocks go up.  Stimulus deal is at an impasse? Stocks go up. Trump is leading in initial election results?  Stocks go up. Biden wins?  Stocks go up.

Don't get me wrong.  I love having fake money on paper increase.  But the market doesn't seem to be rational.

11/09/2020 2:58 pm  #4

Agreed. If we don't get our feces consolidated and we get a surge of hospitalizations, homelessness, and hunger all the paper we collected throughout our work-lives could be so much smoke. This election shows us how unstable we are as a people.

11/10/2020 8:21 am  #5

glatt wrote:

The market is drunk and needs to go home.

Covid cases up?  Stocks go up.  Covid cases down?  Stocks go up.  Stimulus deal is reached? Stocks go up.  Stimulus deal is at an impasse? Stocks go up. Trump is leading in initial election results?  Stocks go up. Biden wins?  Stocks go up.

Don't get me wrong.  I love having fake money on paper increase.  But the market doesn't seem to be rational.

Alan Greenspan said something about 'irrational exuberance' over twenty years ago and it seems that history is repeating itself.
That said, my pension fund appears to be in somewhat better shape than it was a day or two ago.

Anyway, how on Earth have I arrived at an age when my pension fund is seldom far from my mind!

Tempus fugit.

Last edited by Carruthers (11/10/2020 8:26 am)

11/10/2020 8:56 am  #6

Carruthers wrote:

Tempus fugit.

I think Pfizer probably developed something for that too

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

11/10/2020 10:15 am  #7

monster wrote:

Carruthers wrote:

Tempus fugit.

I think Pfizer probably developed something for that too

At least it's not infectious!

11/10/2020 1:11 pm  #8

It may not be infectious but sure is a lot of it going around.
If you want to know what the market will do, as a general trend it follows the US debt.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera