cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/10/2021 12:10 pm  #51

Re: Advertising

Ah, Amazon.
Did they give you a choice of a refund or another jug?
You really wanted the oil, not the money.

4/15/2021 4:33 am  #52

They gave him the option of getting it somewhere else or reordering it.
I've been hearing the term high mileage oil referred to oil for motors with high mileage on them, but also oil to use for 15k miles or more miles between changes. I doubt the same product would be used for both applications. I don't think it's the advertising but people using the term. Seems to me that would lead to some confusing conversations.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

4/15/2021 7:22 am  #53

I reordered, and the new jug came last week.  Changed the oil on Sunday.  The jug says it's for engines with over 75K on the odometer.

And the internet says the oil swells rubber seals slightly, causing them to do a better job of sealing after they are all old an dry and cracked.

4/15/2021 9:33 am  #54

Might be jinxing m'self, but...

Cherry Bomb doesn't leak any oil.  179,000 miles and no oil leaks is great.  No transmission leaks, no pwr steering leaks.  Doesn't lose brake fluid.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm using reglar ol' 5w30 Castrol, btw.  I've had older,  leaking engines respond well to thicker oils.  I had a 71 Pontiac GT-37 that leaked oil like a sieve, it only lost half as much 20w50 as it did reglar oil.  It also burned more oil than the retreating Iraqi army, like a quart per 25 miles.  That was also helped by the 20w50.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

4/16/2021 10:11 pm  #55

You're lucky, leaks can be such a pain in the ass you don't want to drive it unless you have to.

4/18/2021 9:41 pm  #56

American Airlines touting their sleeper coaches where you have pleasant dreams...
https://i.postimg.cc/1X7P4jfB/AAad.jpg

as opposed to the pilot's nightmare.
https://i.postimg.cc/Jn1WxLXK/AAcockpit.jpg

4/19/2021 10:03 pm  #57

Sort of advertising... If the government hadn't been drying up the rubber supply I might not have been born.

https://i.postimg.cc/XNwKJ3P1/rubber.jpg

4/20/2021 6:02 am  #58

lol!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/20/2021 12:19 pm  #59

Probably shouldn't think about the difference between "scrap" and "used" rubber.

4/22/2021 7:22 am  #60

"Rubber" is so crude.

I prefer the term 'manhole cover'...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Board footera