cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/03/2022 6:41 pm  #51

Re: Food is good, but what are you drinking?

I already miss alcohol.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

5/03/2022 6:43 pm  #52

griff wrote:

I feel for you man, this is a tough row to hoe.

Thanks Griff.

As an aside, the word 'death' appears WAY too often in the literature that accompanied this med.  It also said I can't shave with a blade while on this drug, and to use an electric razor.  The actual dope came by FedEx from  Walgreens Specialty Order in Louisville, and a pharmacist talked to me for 20 minutes about this drug.

The treatment is actually worse than the disease, semms like.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (5/03/2022 6:47 pm)

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

5/04/2022 12:26 pm  #53

You didn't sign up for this, but are doing what you can.  Sorry to hear you have to deal with it.  It just sucks.

5/04/2022 1:20 pm  #54

You're doing the right thing, taking the meds. Please keep doing it. They'll make you feel like shit but they have a really good chance of getting you past all of this. I like you and want you to stay around.

5/04/2022 3:13 pm  #55

I've been reading on the interwebs, and apparently almost everyone on Imatinib is pretty much on it for life.

It was on the interwebs, it must be true.

Also, sorry for the thread hijacking...

5/04/2022 4:29 pm  #56

Thread jacking is classic Cellar, have at.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/05/2022 12:17 pm  #57

The Wikipedia article you linked to mentions generic Imatinib at $2 a pill.
Have you gotten that figured out yet? 

5/05/2022 7:46 pm  #58

The receipt said "your insurance saved you $5443.65."

Works out to over $180 a pill (caplet), which is for a 400mg caplet (pill), which is more in line with the 100mg price of $20-$30, at the link.

Not exactly, but closer.

May be that the insurance required the generic, maybe that's how they saved me money.  Idk, and I don't care long as I'm not paying out of pocket for it.

ETA:  OK, I missed the amount by a smidge, but:

When you figure it out, let me know.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (5/05/2022 8:12 pm)

5/08/2022 10:22 pm  #59

From Google search for the drug...

Imatinib
Common brands: Gleevec
Chemotherapy
It can treat leukemia and other kinds of cancer and related diseases.
Brands: Gleevec
Availability: Prescription needed
Pregnancy: Consult a doctor
Alcohol: No known interactions with light drinking
Drug class:
Tyrosine kinase inhibitor antineoplastic agent

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera