cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/05/2023 8:13 pm  #26

Re: Names. (My obsession) ((Well one of them))

And in the credits of the series I'm streaming ... Patina

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/07/2023 5:37 am  #27

monster wrote:

Today I saw a piece of mail for Shatrine.  I googled.  It's a real name.  for more than one person.

Anything beginning "Shat" would be bad enough, but to also rhyme it with latrine????

Truly wonderful!

Living life on the edge.

6/07/2023 6:12 am  #28

monster wrote:

Today I saw a piece of mail for Shatrine.  I googled.  It's a real name.  for more than one person.

Anything beginning "Shat" would be bad enough, but to also rhyme it with latrine????

Is 'shat' a passed participle?

6/07/2023 6:22 am  #29

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/shat

Verbshatsimple past tense and past participle of shit

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/10/2023 6:18 pm  #30

Loving that there's a kid on my kids' old summer swim team called Mordecai

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

7/17/2023 6:23 pm  #31

Rainbolt is one of the more interesting names I have run across 

Litteraly on fire 

7/17/2023 8:09 pm  #32

Oh wouldn't it be fun if we went for non-nature but so useful and essential.....

Wrench
Nutandbolt
Silicone
Bandsaw
Welder

wait I already know a girl who's gone by "Wheels" for the ?10 years I've known her..... I don't know if it's her given name or not but I have never seen anything to the contrary

7/17/2023 8:12 pm  #33

Caliper
WD40
Pointynosedpliers

7/17/2023 10:01 pm  #34

New surprising front runner for uncommon-common names this year is Gus. We've had three of them over the course of the summer.

7/18/2023 5:50 am  #35

That's really interesting. I'm expecting a Gus bump from Sweet Tooth but we're too early. I actually like the name.
BF Hammer
Crow Bar

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/18/2023 11:53 pm  #36

Oh we have plenty of Gus-tiness here.  Some are just Gus, Some are Augustus, some are August ..and I've seen an Argus but don't know that that one was shortened (yet)

Feminine form Gussette, gender-neutral Gusset?

7/18/2023 11:57 pm  #37

... but then there was also a kid by the name of T-Rex.  really. I know the T was an initial for something, but he never used it.  He walked the stage at high school graduation as T-rex Smith (or whatever)

....so I may not live in the best place to truly judge name trends...

Board footera