cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/10/2021 8:32 pm  #251

Re: The Covid

I feel the same way glatt, I've had my shots and I'm paper trained. So when I hear people are refusing the shots I figure well they may die but it's their own fault, not my problem. Yeah I know there are people who can't do the shots but I did/do everything I can short of killing off refusniks. I read since I'm vaccinated I won't likely catch it and if by chance I do it won't get serious, plus I can't carry it to others. I'm guessing the logic is any virus I pick up my immune system will kill off before they can build up a big enough colony to project. I do notice I go to stores forgetting my mask more often now, and have to go back to the truck and get it.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/11/2021 9:15 am  #252

Diaphone Jim wrote:

Why does it seem that the general feeling in the US is "Whew. I am sure glad that this is over?"
Last week we had 4,700 deaths from Covid from 285,000 new cases.
Almost 700 a day!
This is a pace for about 250,000 a year.  Over?

There's a pattern here.  Since the beginning of the pandemic, every time there's any good news at all, people start saying "thank God it's over" and then they run out to the bar or church or whatnot, and we get hammered.

Weaponized Funk

5/11/2021 3:02 pm  #253

The vaccination numbers outside the Northeast and California attest to this being a permanent part of our landscape. SUNY (State University of NY) just announced mandatory vaccinations for all students.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/11/2021 3:05 pm  #254

I'm surprised PA is doing as well as it is. More than ever PA is Philly and PBurg separated by Alabama.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/01/2021 3:35 pm  #255

Lots of people getting the implant... uh, er, I mean the vaccine.

photo upload

7/12/2021 10:33 am  #256

CPAC
I just had a satisfying mind game thinking of things CPAC could stand for.
This started it:
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/fauci-anti-vaccine-cpac-terrifying-1195556/

8/01/2021 10:02 pm  #257

The story in WAPO using unreleased internal CDC memos about the Provincetown, MA, July 4th celebration claims most of the people were vaccinated. They apparently based this on MA having a vaccination rate of over 70%, highest in the nation. What they fail to understand is P-town in the summer where the population jumps from around 2,900 to 60,000+, and 4th of July could well be another 20,000 more. The majority of these people are not from MA. In a normal year many are not from the US. So they don’t know how many were vaccinated.

What is the surprise about vaccinated people having the ability to carry and spread the virus?
Weren’t masks touted as mostly protecting other people from you?
Vaccinated or not you’re breathing the same air as everyone else, and if the virus is in the air you’ll have it up your nose like everyone else. Then you’ll blow it back out into the air like everyone else. In P-town a few vaccinated people got infected with the Delta variant.

The CDC says, “The Singapore Ministry of Health recently found that three-fourths of coronavirus cases in the past four weeks were in people who were fully or partially vaccinated, most with no or mild symptoms.” If they had no symptoms why were they cases. Nasal swab doesn’t make them a case, everyone is breathing the same air.

The Delta variant reproduces 100 times faster than the A variant, and 1,000 times faster than the original virus. So Delta breaks into your bedroom in the middle of the night, no problem you’ve had your shots and you’re paper trained. But first turn on the lamp, find your slippers, gotta pee first, come back to the bedroom and there’s hundreds of Deltas. Open the closet door and wake up your antibodies to give Delta a smack down. Now if turning on the lamp attracts anyone into the room before you deal with it they could be mugged by Delta.

The chances of a vaccinated person being hospitalized are pretty damn small, and the chances of it killing you is probably about the same as being hit by a bus. I don’t care if Bill Gates is recording my masturbation sessions. Beats dying. 
I tried using freeimage.host and it came out half size. Then I tried using through the box in the reply form but wouldn't work. Finally had to go back to the monkey.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (8/01/2021 10:07 pm)

8/02/2021 6:24 am  #258

Apparently folks are disguising themselves so they can get the vaccine without everyone knowing. Fear of ostracization is alive and well. That's a different kind of freedom.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/07/29/missouri-doctor-says-people-disguise-coming-covid-vaccine/5413341001/

I was listening to a webcast about tight and loose cultures which covered some of this ground regarding social norms etc...

Here is a related article:  https://behavioralscientist.org/tight-and-loose-cultures-a-conversation-with-michele-gelfand/

To me it feels like we have pockets of extremely tight culture, both left and right. In our present moment some on the right are in a suicide pact and some on the left might be willing to use coercion to enforce vaccine compliance. All of which makes me glad that Biden, basically a moderate liberal, is the President.

10/09/2021 11:37 am  #259

This is a short video chart of the spread, ebb and re-spread of the Covid virus across the US.
It is easy to pause it to see details, such as your home area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVqMQSA0LZo

10/13/2021 4:37 pm  #260

The CDC advisory panel has decided that Covid-19 isn't much of a threat to young children, no more than any flu.
However it still poses a grave threat to people over 60, even if vaccinated, and especially if they have other health issues.

"It is what it is".  It's a killer...

11/22/2021 12:30 pm  #261

Diaphone Jim wrote:

Why does it seem that the general feeling in the US is "Whew. I am sure glad that this is over?"
Last week we had 4,700 deaths from Covid from 285,000 new cases.
Almost 700 a day!
This is a pace for about 250,000 a year.  Over?

Well, I got part of that right.
Incredibly, the huge number of deaths in 2020 has been surpassed already for 2021.
It is 771,000 and counting.
It is almost like "that can't be right!!"

11/22/2021 5:29 pm  #262

Masks are not really happening here anymore. I've had an uptick in COVID related cancellations at work... It is what it is.

11/22/2021 5:37 pm  #263

Masks are not a thing in England any more, so I'm told. In Scotland people are sticking with it. But yes, we are being edged towards putting up with it, towards being resigned to catching it (even vaccinated) and hoping that we are the lucky ones.

Living life on the edge.

12/23/2021 1:57 am  #264

masks are still fairly common here.

And then there's this: Phat epeople may be phucked. 

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-health-watch/michigan-has-obesity-problem-could-make-covid-even-worse

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

12/23/2021 6:59 am  #265

Covid cancellations have been high this week. This variant could burn out fast so maybe with the week off...
Masks use appears to be about the same despite the mandate in NY. I'm resigned to catching it but not spreading it if that makes any sense.

12/28/2021 10:29 am  #266

griff wrote:

I'm resigned to catching it but not spreading it if that makes any sense.

One wears a mask to protect the constitutional rights of all others.

12/28/2021 8:26 pm  #267

She looks just like that person who knew Saddam had WMDs.  Who also ordered us what to believe.

Resemblance is stunning.

Last edited by tw (12/28/2021 8:29 pm)

12/31/2021 4:43 pm  #268

1/03/2022 5:24 pm  #269

So when there's a guy at the grocery store with no mask, but he's wearing a pistol on his hip like an old West gunslinger. Does this go in the Health forum, or Politics.?

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

1/03/2022 7:10 pm  #270

That goes under Health, mental health.

1/04/2022 1:54 pm  #271

lol

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

2/03/2022 3:07 am  #272

We won the 2 month race going away. USA! USA! USA!

2/03/2022 7:48 am  #273

We top dealing it.

2/03/2022 10:30 am  #274

Undertoad wrote:

...you might even choose to become infected so that you can show your immune system the virus 

... and therefore make America the creator of the next variant.    USA  ... USA ... USA

We cheer on the next innovation.  Save the covid from extinction.

An example of how extremist rhetoric ignores facts from reality.  Conclusions based only in emotions and justified by rhetoric are always more honest.

2/03/2022 10:08 pm  #275

Undertoad wrote:

as is now well known, the vaccinated are just as easily infected by Omicron as the unvaccinated,  

Go to sources that post actual science - not political extremist agendas.  Exposed again will be lies from the same disinformation sources who were also routinely lying in 2001.  View what honest people (who believe in science and not emotions) are saying:

Study participants were over 5 times more likely to have COVID-19 if they were unvaccinated and had a prior infection

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s1029-Vaccination-Offers-Higher-Protection.html

Another study from science (not from disinformation sources):

“We detected very little neutralization of the Omicron variant pseudovirus when we used samples taken from people who were recently vaccinated with two doses of mRNA vaccine or one dose of Johnson & Johnson,” says Balazs. “But individuals who received three doses of mRNA vaccine had very significant neutralization against the Omicron variant.”

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2022/01/no-omicron-immunity-without-booster-study-finds/

But it’s important to know that immunity induced by the mRNA vaccines is stronger and more reliable than natural immunity, says Iwasaki. That’s because levels of natural immunity tend to differ from person to person. “Vaccines normalize the response to a very high level, where it uniformly uplifts everybody,” she says.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/how-long-will-coronavirus-vaccine-last

Health experts have said that a majority of hospitalizations and deaths associated with the delta variant in recent months have largely been in unvaccinated individuals. The CDC has said the risk of infection is 8x higher in the unvaccinated than the vaccinated, and the risk of hospitalization or death is 25x higher.

UT has called them liars.

The drug company said its currently FDA-approved 50 microgram booster was found to increase neutralizing antibody levels against omicron 37-fold compared to pre-boost levels. Meanwhile, it found that a 100 microgram booster dose gave an 83-fold increase in neutralizing antibody levels.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coronavirus/vaccine-efficacy-data-shows-how-shots-protect-against-omicron-covid-variant/2716776/

And most recently

As of January 8, 2022, during Omicron predominance, COVID-19 incidence and hospitalization rates in Los Angeles County among unvaccinated persons were 3.6 and 23.0 times, respectively, those of fully vaccinated persons with a booster, and 2.0 and 5.3 times, respectively, those among fully vaccinated persons without a booster. During both Delta and Omicron predominance, incidence and hospitalization rates were highest among unvaccinated persons and lowest among vaccinated persons with a booster.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7105e1.htm

We know they are honest.  The say why with numbers.  Only the most easily brainwashed make subjective claims -  without even one relevant number.

Only those who hate adult logic, the health and constitutional rights of all peers, and want to keep covid alive would not be vaccinated.  UT has simply demonstrated how extremist news sources have, but again, used disinformation to keep the same people naive and uneducated.  And posted this lie:

Undertoad wrote:

hence, in the US, the vaccinated are more likely to be the source of mutations 

Demonstrated is how alive and well are the sources of lies - who also said Saddam had WMDs.  An educated person would have stopped listening to those liars that long ago.  Since those liars also denied that victims in the SuperDome and Convention Center had no food or water for three days.

How many times must lying news sources be caught intentionally lying again before someone finally grasp reality?

Reliable way to stop variants of Covid - all must be vaccinated.  Only the victims of disinformation would ignore well proven science even demonstrated by Polio and Smallpox.  But then some will constantly recite extremist sources rather than be a moderate - use adult logic.

Reality - the unvaccinated were also the source of this Omicron variant.  So lying news sources will not even admit that. Somehow lying for the past 20 years means credibility.  That does not come from adult logic.

Last edited by tw (2/03/2022 10:09 pm)

Board footera