cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/09/2021 4:30 pm  #176

Re: The Covid

henry_quirk wrote:

Nope.  You still have the presumption of innocence, and can demand a trial, given that the fine is over $10.

Nope. If there were a true presumption of innocence, the state would try the maskless from the start. They would be forced to prove the maskless had indeed endangered others. As it stands, the maskless is presumed guilty and must prove his innocence.

Nope.  That's not how the law works.  The question is not "are masks effective", but "did the accused in fact disregard statute § 36-787?"

Weaponized Funk

4/09/2021 5:28 pm  #177

Approximately 560,000 dead Americans from Covid. 1833 dead Americans from, for instance, Katrina. You are not voluntarily cooperating during an actual emergency preferring instead to delude yourself and injure others. Life? Bullshit.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/09/2021 8:48 pm  #178

griff wrote:

Approximately 560,000 dead Americans from Covid. 1833 dead Americans from, for instance, Katrina. You are not voluntarily cooperating during an actual emergency preferring instead to delude yourself and injure others. Life? Bullshit.

Translation: I am afraid. My government, my always honest, always lookin' out for me, government, that loves me, tells me I have reason to be afraid. I resent that you aren't afraid. I resent that you will not cling to the tit as I do, as is well and proper. I view you as a danger becuz you are, becuz my government sez so.

Get bent, pussy.

4/09/2021 9:03 pm  #179

Luce wrote:

henry_quirk wrote:

Nope.  You still have the presumption of innocence, and can demand a trial, given that the fine is over $10.

Nope. If there were a true presumption of innocence, the state would try the maskless from the start. They would be forced to prove the maskless had indeed endangered others. As it stands, the maskless is presumed guilty and must prove his innocence.

Nope.  That's not how the law works.  The question is not "are masks effective", but "did the accused in fact disregard statute § 36-787?"

Yes, ignoramus, I know that's how the law works.

It's bad law. It's presumes from the start the non-masker's guilt.

Mr non-masker, you are accused of not wearing a mask. How do you plead?

Well, I didn't wear a mask...

Guilty it is, then.

But, wait, hold on, I have a reason...

Irrelevant. You flouted Statute 36-787. Pay the fine. Next!

It's bad law. It allows no defense. It rests solely on an edict w/out foundation.

If, instead, Mr Non-masker were accused of endangerin' the public by non-compliance, well, then we got sumthin' to work with. The state must prove its case, prove that Mr Non-masker endangers the public.

4/09/2021 9:08 pm  #180

BigV wrote:

s'alright hq.

Self care is important.  I, for one, love you for who you are.  I don't believe in the crap you post that is crap, but I think you're smart and eloquent, *despite* the fact that our political cornerstones are on different continents/planets.

I don't even like you.

4/10/2021 5:56 am  #181

True enough.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/10/2021 12:02 pm  #182

How the scorpion lost his ass.

4/10/2021 2:02 pm  #183

See, I’m thinking: maybe it means you’re the scorpion. And I’m the frog. And Mr. Stoeger here…he’s the guardian protecting my amphibious ass in the valley of darkness.

Or it could mean you’re the frog and I’m the guardian and it’s the world that’s evil and selfish.

And I’d like that.

But that shit ain’t the truth.

The truth is you’re the weak. And I’m the tyranny of evil men. But I’m tryin’, Ringo. I’m tryin’ real hard to be the guardian.

stolen & adapted from you know where

4/12/2021 8:59 am  #184

henry_quirk wrote:

griff wrote:

Translation: I am afraid. My government, my always honest, always lookin' out for me, government, that loves me, tells me I have reason to be afraid. I resent that you aren't afraid. I resent that you will not cling to the tit as I do, as is well and proper. I view you as a danger becuz you are, becuz my government sez so.

Get bent, pussy.

Griff's translation was better.  

Minarchists say voluntary cooperation works.  Here we are in a crisis, and voluntary cooperation isn't working.

Weaponized Funk

4/12/2021 9:00 am  #185

henry_quirk wrote:

Luce wrote:

henry_quirk wrote:

Yes, ignoramus, I know that's how the law works.

It's bad law. It's presumes from the start the non-masker's guilt.

Mr non-masker, you are accused of not wearing a mask. How do you plead?

Well, I didn't wear a mask...

Guilty it is, then.

But, wait, hold on, I have a reason...

Irrelevant. You flouted Statute 36-787. Pay the fine. Next!

It's bad law. It allows no defense. It rests solely on an edict w/out foundation.

If, instead, Mr Non-masker were accused of endangerin' the public by non-compliance, well, then we got sumthin' to work with. The state must prove its case, prove that Mr Non-masker endangers the public.

It in fact allows defense.  Were you wearing a mask, yes or no?  If you say yes, then the state has to prove you were not.

Weaponized Funk

4/12/2021 12:52 pm  #186

Griff didn't translate anything.

Minarchists say voluntary cooperation works.

No, that's the agorists. If I thought man would always default to voluntary cooperation, why would I promote the constabulary, courts, border patrol, and millitia?

Use yer noggin.

Here we are in a crisis, and voluntary cooperation isn't working.

Oh, there's a crisis, all right: the result of over-reaction and calculation to beer virus.

And: if masks and lockdowns and (perhaps soon) vaccinations are mandated there can be no voluntary cooperation, only compliance or non-compliance.

4/12/2021 12:59 pm  #187

It in fact allows defense.  Were you wearing a mask, yes or no?  If you say yes, then the state has to prove you were not.

In other words, I have to lie to mount a defense.

And, of course, I still lose cuz I wasn't wearin' the mask, so I'm guilty of violatin' a meaningless edit, one designed not to protect the public but simply to force obedience.

How you don't see this is plumb amazin' to me.

Stockholm syndrome, I guess.

4/12/2021 3:58 pm  #188

4/12/2021 4:44 pm  #189

what obedience is there left to enforce?
modern man is born a slave to immutable forces from the moment of birth
our every word, deed, and transaction is recorded and analyzed
the ruling class maintains order with an unaccountable military occupation
our system of democracy doesn't provide any real opportunities for change
we are human cattle, powerless, neutered, prodded into the meat grinder

what would standing up for the natural rights of mankind look like?
if you said, "nOt wEaRiNg a mAsK" you've missed the point by a thousand miles

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

4/12/2021 7:13 pm  #190

what obedience is there left to enforce?
modern man is born a slave to immutable forces from the moment of birth
our every word, deed, and transaction is recorded and analyzed
the ruling class maintains order with an unaccountable military occupation
our system of democracy doesn't provide any real opportunities for change
we are human cattle, powerless, neutered, prodded into the meat grinder

Good lord...they got you beat down but good.

My condolences for your loss.

what would standing up for the natural rights of mankind look like?

Livin' as though all that nihilistic crap wasn't true...cuz it ain't.

if you said, "nOt wEaRiNg a mAsK" you've missed the point by a thousand  firmiles

Not maskin' up is easy...you just don't...so, no, I wouldn't say that...that you think I would shows you truly are beat down.

Again: my condolences for your loss.

4/13/2021 9:39 am  #191

henry_quirk wrote:

Griff didn't translate anything.

Minarchists say voluntary cooperation works.

No, that's the agorists. If I thought man would always default to voluntary cooperation, why would I promote the constabulary, courts, border patrol, and millitia?

Use yer noggin.

Here we are in a crisis, and voluntary cooperation isn't working.

Oh, there's a crisis, all right: the result of over-reaction and calculation to beer virus.

And: if masks and lockdowns and (perhaps soon) vaccinations are mandated there can be no voluntary cooperation, only compliance or non-compliance.

So what minarchists are good for is pretending that a crisis doesn't exist.

Doesn't sound very useful.

Weaponized Funk

4/13/2021 10:59 am  #192

we're good for not gettin' hoodwinked & leashed, schouse (or is that meep?)

4/13/2021 12:36 pm  #193

the squashing on the common man is very real-- acknowledging that these conditions exist is part of any realistic world view. the question "what would standing up for the natural rights of mankind look like?" is a real question. there are unnatural concentrations of power in the world that exist by leaching the life force of a populace who is actively manipulated into believing that this system does not exist. identify these forces, call them out, fight for their undoing-- this is the cornerstone of any practical philosophy.

your enemy isn't some bookworm scientist who studies measures to prevent the spread of viral infections, or a pencil-pushing bureaucrat who dutifully compiles medical journals into public service announcements. if you think these are the enemies of man's natural rights, you are in a deep, deep sleep.

Last edited by Flint (4/13/2021 12:41 pm)

4/13/2021 2:34 pm  #194

if you think these are the enemies of man's natural rights, you are in a deep, deep sleep.

never said the geek or the meek were

there are unnatural concentrations of power in the world that exist by leaching the life force of a populace who is actively manipulated into believing that this system does not exist

yeah, I know

identify these forces, call them out, fight for their undoing-- this is the cornerstone of any practical philosophy.

no shit

4/13/2021 2:54 pm  #195

so do they got me "beat down" and I believe a bunch of "nihilistic crap" or do you and I agree??

4/13/2021 4:05 pm  #196

gosh, you're dense

so dense it makes me...

4/13/2021 4:17 pm  #197

henry_quirk wrote:

gosh, you're dense

so dense it makes me...

You have a view of other people that can only be described as bizarre to someone not invested in your political/religious beliefs.

Weaponized Funk

4/13/2021 5:10 pm  #198

henry, we're saying the same thing, it just kills you to admit it

you were interesting to talk to when you were making an honest effort to communicate, but what you're doing now is just throwing a bunch of unpersuasive words at the wall, then name-calling everyone. this is equal parts boring and useless.

4/13/2021 6:54 pm  #199

Luce wrote:

jibber jabber

just like the other: osmium

4/13/2021 6:56 pm  #200

Flint wrote:

you were interesting to talk to...

you never were

Board footera