cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/09/2023 12:23 pm  #401

2/14/2023 11:56 am  #402

Re: RIP, Famous person

David Harris (1946-2023), cancer.
Gutsy peace activist, reporter and writer; one time husband of Joan Baez.

2/16/2023 12:54 am  #403

Raquel Welch 82

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/04/2023 4:52 pm  #404

Actor Tom Sizemore:

On February 18, 2023, Sizemore suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm at his Los Angeles home and was hospitalized at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in critical condition.  Charles Lago, his representative, issued a statement on February 27 that doctors had determined there was "no further hope and have recommended end-of-life decision" to Sizemore's family.   Sizemore died on March 3, at the age of 61.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/04/2023 9:41 pm  #405

Viewing Tom Sizemore's credits, he was a very busy actor.  Considering how few of those movies were memorable, it says so much about how many little known movies are made every year.  Furthermore I do not remember him in any of those movies.  Apparently he was a popular character actor.

But then I did not know other famous actors, such as Ted Danson, Vin Diesel, and Dennis Farina, were also in "Saving Private Ryan".

3/09/2023 7:12 am  #406

I never saw this one coming....

Mystic Meg, 80, flu

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/09/2023 7:15 am  #407

Topol, 87

3/09/2023 2:48 pm  #408

Also Gary Rossington, https://cellar.org/images/moresmilies/shred.gif
for Lynyrd Skynyrd.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/09/2023 6:23 pm  #409

I Love my country, I fear the government.

3/11/2023 8:20 pm  #410

Robert Blake, 89, heart disease...

Man, I loved me some Baretta when I was a kid.  I liked his junky ol Impala, and I liked his cockatoo, Fred.

He (Robert Blake, not the bird) turned down the role of Little Joe on Bonanza.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (3/11/2023 8:24 pm)

3/13/2023 6:40 pm  #411

Dick Fosbury of Fosbury Flop Fame. lymphoma, 76

I had no idea he was still alive -somehow I always assume if something is named after someone, they are long since departed, but the technique was only developed two years before I was born, he was only 24 years only than me

3/19/2023 2:23 pm  #412

Lance Reddick was a surprise. Age 60.

3/20/2023 12:28 pm  #413

I was just watching him in that weird clip where he marches around going, "I wanna be LeVar Burton! I wanna be LeVar Burton!" wearing chains and that visor thing on his face.

The dude looked healthy

Last edited by Flint (3/20/2023 12:29 pm)

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

3/21/2023 5:53 am  #414

I guess he was legit famous. I only see one thing I think saw him in but I know the face. Too damn young.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/26/2023 1:09 pm  #415

Gordon Moore, co-founder of Intel, 94.

Moore's Law

3/27/2023 11:56 am  #416

There's a morbid joke in there, somewhere. Like, "it will be half as long until the next guy dies" or something

3/29/2023 6:37 pm  #417

Savage!   Paul O'Grady 67

3/29/2023 8:34 pm  #418

3/29/2023 9:18 pm  #419

monster wrote:

OMG just got to the end of that ^  ...laughed so hard during the finale my face hurts, is soaked with tears and I am so glad I got up to pee 10 minutes ago

4/03/2023 5:39 pm  #420

Former UK chancellor Nigel Lawson, 91

I always forget about former UK politicians when making my deathpool list -unless Scargill counts as a politician

4/04/2023 10:01 am  #421

RIP Seymour Stein, one of the greatest record execs to ever do it

the GenX soundtrack was created by Mr Stein

The Ramones
Talking Heads
Depeche Mode
The Pretenders
The Smiths
The Cure
Echo and the Bunnymen
The Replacements
Madness
Aphex Twin
Everything But The Girl
My Bloody Valentine
Seal
The Ocean Blue (hello Harrisburg)
and some weirdo with only one name, Madonna

and not Belle and Sebastian, whom he failed to sign because they wanted to keep doing it their way

4/04/2023 12:01 pm  #422

wow

4/04/2023 6:06 pm  #423

Sneaking in not-exactly-a-celebrity-but-may-be-of-interest....Catan creator Klaus Teuber. 70

4/04/2023 8:28 pm  #424

Keryx said sad,

I Love my country, I fear the government.

4/05/2023 6:22 am  #425

Bummer, Catan is a favorite here.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

Board footera