cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/26/2023 1:09 pm  #401

Re: RIP, Famous person

Gordon Moore, co-founder of Intel, 94.

Moore's Law

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/27/2023 11:56 am  #402

There's a morbid joke in there, somewhere. Like, "it will be half as long until the next guy dies" or something

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

3/29/2023 6:37 pm  #403

Savage!   Paul O'Grady 67

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/29/2023 8:34 pm  #404

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/29/2023 9:18 pm  #405

monster wrote:

OMG just got to the end of that ^  ...laughed so hard during the finale my face hurts, is soaked with tears and I am so glad I got up to pee 10 minutes ago

4/03/2023 5:39 pm  #406

Former UK chancellor Nigel Lawson, 91

I always forget about former UK politicians when making my deathpool list -unless Scargill counts as a politician

4/04/2023 12:01 pm  #407

wow

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

4/04/2023 6:06 pm  #408

Sneaking in not-exactly-a-celebrity-but-may-be-of-interest....Catan creator Klaus Teuber. 70

4/04/2023 8:28 pm  #409

Keryx said sad,

I Love my country, I fear the government.

4/05/2023 6:22 am  #410

Bummer, Catan is a favorite here.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/22/2023 11:42 pm  #411

4/23/2023 4:34 am  #412

Some years ago I saw Barry Humphries in a TV interview and he came across as a modest, almost self-effacing, man in stark contrast to the waspish suburban monster that is Dame Edna and the appalling Sir Les Patterson.
A bit of a puzzle really but perhaps even his TV appearance as himself was an act.

It's probably not the sort of thing that I should admit to in polite company, but Sir Les was my favourite Barry Humphries character.
The crass nature and monumental lack of self-awareness of the character was its USP, toe-curlingly embarrassing as it was to all but Sir Les himself.

Requiescat in pace.

4/30/2023 9:38 pm  #413

So no-one gave a fuck about Springer then?

5/01/2023 5:54 am  #414

none given.

We all missed Harry Belafonte?

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/01/2023 7:22 pm  #415

nope, just too young to care....?   

5/01/2023 7:41 pm  #416

I didn't know Springer wasn't born in Murka.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

5/01/2023 11:43 pm  #417

TheNeverWas wrote:

I didn't know Springer wasn't born in Murka.

Sprinker was born in the slimy town of Muck.  Not Murka.  Some people remain mired in where they came from.

5/02/2023 6:29 am  #418

One of the truly greats.

5/10/2023 10:45 pm  #419

5/10/2023 10:55 pm  #420

monster wrote:

Dooce

I stopped checking in long before the "Mommy" thing, but never mind "Mommy=Blogging" -I think she was instrumental in introducing blogging to the masses.  She was so human, so real, not about bragging and me me me and not afraid to share the things in her life that weren't the best.  Maybe over-shared sometimes, but that's what made it so ?innovative?

Reminded me of Sundae Girl a bit.

5/20/2023 8:36 am  #421

Jim Brown dead at 87. A complicated man and amazing player.

5/24/2023 3:24 pm  #422

Tina Turner! 83

5/24/2023 4:01 pm  #423

5/25/2023 5:58 am  #424

peace

5/25/2023 6:23 pm  #425

monster wrote:

Tina Turner! 83

Good riddance, as far as I'm concerned.

I think I'm right about this; when she moved to Switzerland, she not only left the US, but she denounced her US citizenship.  Granted, I don't know why she did that, but I have no sympathy for people who do that.

Not a popular sentiment, I'm sure, but a sincere one.

Board footera