cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/02/2022 4:28 am  #126

Re: Random Thoughts

monster wrote:

you like ironing then?  

Haggis!

Living life on the edge.

3/02/2022 5:45 am  #127

Ditto.

Mr. C must really like ironing.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/02/2022 5:59 am  #128

TheNeverWas wrote:

Ditto.

Mr. C must really like ironing.

Nah!

There's a basket load of shirts awaiting an ironing session in the other room.
I might get around to doing them before the week is out.

Then again...

3/02/2022 6:56 am  #129

Ya'll are killing me.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/02/2022 11:39 am  #130

Out west we have wash and wear, aka permanent press.
I picked up an iron once. 'bout 60 years ago.

3/04/2022 10:03 am  #131

Yeah, Momdi--I mean--MomWas showed me how to iron.  I used to like a crease in m'pants.

Today?  Not so much.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/04/2022 1:50 pm  #132

Diaphone Jim wrote:

I've never been a fan of non-iron shirts.
Laden, as they are, with all manner of chemicals, the fabric soon becomes stiff and scratchy.
An abomination in the sight of God and Man.

This about sums it up...

The no-iron shirt may be the greatest fashion crime of our age.
A grotesque invention, it is the satanic love-child of chemistry and retailing, combining all the worst qualities of plywood, vinyl, and embalming fluid in a garment that would be more at home in the Spanish Inquisition than the cubicles of the modern workplace.

Link

3/04/2022 5:20 pm  #133

Carruthers wrote:

...that would be more at home in the Spanish Inquisition...

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition.[/setup]

3/04/2022 5:40 pm  #134

Nobody expects this

3/04/2022 8:23 pm  #135

Carruthers wrote:

Diaphone Jim wrote:

I've never been a fan of non-iron shirts.
Laden, as they are, with all manner of chemicals, the fabric soon becomes stiff and scratchy.
An abomination in the sight of God and Man.

This about sums it up...

The no-iron shirt may be the greatest fashion crime of our age.
A grotesque invention, it is the satanic love-child of chemistry and retailing, combining all the worst qualities of plywood, vinyl, and embalming fluid in a garment that would be more at home in the Spanish Inquisition than the cubicles of the modern workplace.

Link

The dryers out here are awesome.  It is not necessary to buy non-iron shirts. Just don't leave them sitting in there once they are done.  In the old country, I used to iron 5 work shirts for beest every week.  and the bedding for the babies' cots.  that was it.  entire sum of my ironing.  Moved here, into a fully furnished apartment -down to cutlery, face cloths ...everything.  no iron. immediately went out and bought one.  The first use it got was years later for craft projects and sewing halloween costumes.  Same 5 shirts -whole different kettle of laundry.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/06/2022 1:47 pm  #136

Flint wrote:

WKRP episodes don't have the original music in them anymore, so unless you've got a set of old VHS tapes or something, the show is just a memory now

eta: I stand corrected, apparently you can get a DVD set with "over 90%" of the original music

Just fell across this:

Music Issues w/WKRP

3/18/2022 9:03 am  #137

If you eat a flea infected with The Plague, will you get The Plague?

3/18/2022 9:06 am  #138

And did it (the Bubonic Plague) originate in a place called Bubonia?

Last edited by TheNeverWas (3/18/2022 9:07 am)

3/18/2022 9:09 am  #139

Also, and...

Did Teh Cellar forget to spring forward?  My post times are off.

3/18/2022 11:10 am  #140

TheNeverWas wrote:

And did it (the Bubonic Plague) originate in a place called Bubonia?

And is Teutonic Plague another name for German Measles?

3/19/2022 8:57 am  #141

TheNeverWas wrote:

Also, and...

Did Teh Cellar forget to spring forward?  My post times are off.

The default timezone when you register is -5 Eastern Standard Time (I can only choose from Standard times, no Daylight times) but after that you control your own timezone in your user panel.

3/19/2022 7:01 pm  #142

I thank you.

3/23/2022 9:17 pm  #143

Octopus says this prittstick is mine.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

5/28/2022 10:27 pm  #144

I wonder what would happen if I got a yard sign that said "Pray To End Prayer"?

3/11/2023 9:30 pm  #145

The guy I sold my tree service to called on me the other day.  We had some pretty bad weather (70 mph winds locally) recently, and trees are down just everywhere.

He stopped by to offer me $500 a day to do what I did til he gets caught up.  I took a pass.

3/11/2023 9:35 pm  #146

I'll take it...... 

3/11/2023 9:36 pm  #147

....what proportion of bodies to trees  goes unnoticed?... (asking for am almost acquaintance)

3/12/2023 6:56 pm  #148

It's a PITA when ya gotta disentangle tree for house/shed.  Also, I'd have to pay any help I needed outta my pay.

Also, also, I physically can't do the work anymore.  Between having not worked for waaay too long, medical issues, and medication issues, I just can't do it.

He's a  greedy asshole, too.  And the work won't last long, I'd bet.  We got a lot of that kind of services around now,,,

But owners will make some good money (in$urance money!) for a while.

4/02/2023 10:48 pm  #149

Is Betsy Murgatroyd the most heavenly name?

Board footera