cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/11/2021 7:23 am  #1

Global Health Data Exchange

http://ghdx.healthdata.org/

I saw this map on Reddit. I'm not familiar with the GHDX so I figured I'd link that.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/11/2021 12:44 pm  #2

Re: Global Health Data Exchange

It is hard to get a handle on the information on the map except for what are apparently hazards in the South,
It is striking that across the California-Nevada border south of Lake Tahoe a ways, it looks like 20 miles will gain (or lose) you 20 years.

2/11/2021 1:31 pm  #3

"surveys, censuses, vital statistics, and other health-related data" are fine, but I'd still like to see us using our electronic health records to compile anonymized epidemiological data. I work in healthcare IT, specifically in clinical apps and interfaces, and I've watched us moving at a snail's pace, for instance, the USA just recently moving to ICD-10 coding, which the rest of the world was already using for quite some time. Currently our interoperability between systems relies on HL7 interfaces, which the better vendors are slowly upgrading to the new FHIR format, but that just covers the local other systems that you do a very narrow range of business with. Beyond that, interoperability is based on the ability of each system to output a formatted record for each individual patient (for instance, when transferring to another hospital). There's nothing like all of our records going into one big, anonymized database. But the potential is there. We've got mostly everybody on electronic records (over time you're penalized in reimbursment for failing to adopt), we've standardized our billing and coding formats to capture more granular data-- so the data is there, it's *using* the data that we haven't gotten to yet.

Last edited by Flint (2/11/2021 3:16 pm)

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

3/06/2021 5:50 pm  #4

Remember those words, "CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU", they're not just for arresting officers anymore.
Buy everything down to your morning coffee with card or phone app, we like to know where your money goes.
Use an EZ-Pass for tolls, we like to know where and when you're going.
Buy stuff online and let the store pick and pack your groceries. What could that hurt.
Babble away about what you and your friends do on facefuck, Twitter, or another monitor.
Oh, why not video it for  u-tube and TikTok or maybe fans only.
So who worries about medical records.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

3/06/2021 6:11 pm  #5

Board footera