cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/28/2021 5:50 pm  #26

Re: Covid Vax -Where are you up to?

Covid is over.  The first cruise ship (Viking Orion) spent 13 days cruising from Gilbrater and docked yesterday morning in Bermuda.

5/28/2021 9:42 pm  #27

My county is still reporting almost 40 new cases a day. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/29/2021 5:13 am  #28

Are they letting them off the boat?  Requiring tests first?  13 days is a good quarantine period.

5/29/2021 8:25 am  #29

The ship is there.  But nobody appears to be getting off.

A charity cruise for the ghosts of Covid past?

5/29/2021 12:17 pm  #30

Diaphone Jim wrote:

My second Pfiz was months ago and my arm finally stopped aching.
My son's second Pfiz is today.
I hope he doesn't have the two-day knockout my son-in-law had two weeks ago from his 2nd Pfiz:  headache, fever, chills. cramps.  About as sick as he can remember, then fine.

Feels weird quoting myself, but son got as bad a reaction as son-in-law.
Getting better, but no fun for a couple of days.
Might be a good time and subject for guru Fauci to address.

5/31/2021 12:34 pm  #31

Had my second AZ vax yesterday. So far no side effects. (First one resulted in a fluey overnight chills 'n; fever, followed by a "meh" day).

Living life on the edge.

6/09/2021 10:33 pm  #32

somehow I've missed this thread.

2nd dose a month ago-ish.  lovin it.

Looks like Gravdigr's also AWOS in this thread.

Maybe this will lure him in.

Hit it, you know you wanna, neighbor.

Be Just And Fear Not

6/10/2021 5:40 am  #33

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-population-vaccinated-march-15.html

With Mississippi sitting at sub 28%, I assume the rest of us will have to keep getting boosters?

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/10/2021 7:08 am  #34

I got my second shot 10Apr and I have been sick for the last month. Coughing up mucus and weak all the time. I probably aught to see a dr. but that's a PITA.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

6/10/2021 9:05 am  #35

fargon wrote:

I got my second shot 10Apr and I have been sick for the last month. Coughing up mucus and weak all the time. I probably aught to see a dr. but that's a PITA.

dooo it -that sounds worse than just vax side effects.... 

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/10/2021 10:25 am  #36

fargon wrote:

I got my second shot 10Apr and I have been sick for the last month.

That's extremely abnormal.  If not seeing a doctor, then better not be anywhere near anyone else.  Become a PITA to yourself.  It is that serious.

Last edited by tw (6/10/2021 10:25 am)

6/10/2021 4:59 pm  #37

Undertoad wrote:

griff wrote:

With Mississippi sitting at sub 28%, I assume the rest of us will have to keep getting boosters?

This is about the same rate as all of Europe combined.  When hating others for vaguely scientific-sounding reasons, don't leave out the French.

I asked a question about our need for boosters. I'm sorry everything is politics with you.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/10/2021 7:12 pm  #38

Fargon, please suck it up and see a doc -we want you alive for the Solstice Zoom!

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/10/2021 8:37 pm  #39

I went to the ER and saw a bunch of people and they told me, that I have water on my lungs, and heart. And I have AFIB what ever that is.  So they gave me a water pill that I start taking in the morning. And an IV to get my heart calmed down. They gave me a bunch of tests, and only one nurse treated me like a second class citizen after I told her that her man donald trump was the idiot that messed up VA health care. So all in all it was a good day.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

6/10/2021 9:12 pm  #40

well done, I'm sorry it wasn't fun, but glad you're getting it sorted

6/11/2021 5:52 am  #41

Good luck Fargon. I'm glad you're working on it.

6/11/2021 11:05 pm  #42

bbro wrote:

I'm still waiting for my 5G to kick in  

Once vaccinated,  then the chip is inside your body.  You will know it as soon as Huawei's   5G hardware is installed in cell towers.  Trump told us it was a conspiracy by the Chinese.  Next time we will listen.

7/16/2021 1:44 pm  #43

7/16/2021 3:57 pm  #44

As of July 2, my employer was at 92% vaccination rate.  And it's not mandatory.  The numbers are being voluntarily reported by sending a photo of your card to HR.

Sound creepy as I type it, sending health records to HR, but I'm really glad that number is so high.

7/16/2021 4:16 pm  #45

That's a really good number. Ours is probably similar but we're public facing as a group so we will have exposures.

8/12/2021 5:02 pm  #46

Im sorry but I wouldnt let that poison anywhere near me......... (I selected not getting it)

8/12/2021 7:04 pm  #47

what is the nature of your objection?

Be Just And Fear Not

8/13/2021 3:40 pm  #48

My employer is now mandating vaccines and if there is a health or religious reason for not getting it, then exemptions will be made on a case by case basis, but regular testing will be required of the unvaccinated regardless.

I applaud it.  We're at 93 percent now.

8/14/2021 2:23 pm  #49

it's mask city at work.  masked at all times indoors unless alone in a closed office.  outdoors, masks can be off if social distancing is possible.  brief periods of masklessness is permitted for eating and drinking.  widespread compliance.  Biden administration's new order/??? for vaccine requirements for federal workers in place, contractors have to attest to vax status or maximum mask rules and weekly testing.

the virus does not care what your social media feed shows, if you voted or not or for whom or what or if it was hacked by china.  being vaccinated will almost certainly protect you from getting sick, or very sick, or dying from COVID, but it can't keep you from being exposed to the virus, especially the Delta variant.  it's quite plausible to be exposed to the virus after vaccination and test positive, with or without symptoms.  that's the vaccine doing its job.

masks, distance, hygiene, no touching your face, all these and others present partial but cumulative defenses against exposure.  Once exposed, it's up to your immune system, hopefully with the help from the vaccine, and hopefully not the need for hospitilization.

Be Just And Fear Not

8/21/2021 7:42 pm  #50

So I had a super stressful last week.  I'm freaking out because I am supposed to cover for a woman going out on maternity leave on Thursday, but I already have a full plate and she does too.  It's fuvked up  I don't see how it's going to work without me working 16 hour days every. single. day.  And they just told me a week ago.

So for the last week, I have been waking up at 2-3 am every night worrying about how I can possibly do it.  No use going to the boss, because she's got nobody else and we were already short staffed.  At the same time, I'm going out on vacation on Tuesday for 2 weeks and was trying to finish all my work before it started.  I need this vacation.  it's been 3 years since I've had one and in the last year, I've taken maybe 5 days off, here and there.  All this is to say that I'm tired.  Very tired.

Last night I felt accomplished because I've pretty much cleared my plate for the 2 weeks of vacation, and I slept like a rock for 10 hours.  That's about 7 hours more than normal lately.  I woke up but felt groggy.  Kinda lightheaded even.

I mowed the lawn, which really drained me and then crashed on the couch for 4 hours.  I couldn't muster the energy to move or get up and take a shower.  Unusual for me.   So when I finally was able to summon the energy to get up I felt really warm.  Took my temperature and it was 102.4.

extreme fatigue and fever?  Time for a Covid test.  Won't have the results for 3 days, the first day of the Vermont trip.  Family is freaking out.  My son is supposed to get dropped off at college on Thursday with a Covid free test result. Wife and Daughter also got Covid tests with me this afternoon.  Son had just gotten one a few days ago to take to school.

Really, we need to know if this is Covid or not that I have.  Maybe just a run-of-the-mill bug.
So my wife found me a rapid test at 7:50am tomorrow  Thank  God.  I had been looking for half an hour and couldn't find any appointments for rapid tests anywhere.  My brain isn't working.  I just want to sleep.

I'm quarantining in our bedroom with an N95 on and the AC vents and door closed and wife is taking the couch.  We were supposed to go out as a family to dinner tonight since we haven't done that in a couple years, and today is the 30 year anniversary of my wife and I meeting.

Interesting times. I'm ready for them to be over.

Board footera