cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/19/2021 11:30 pm  #1

Covid Vax -Where are you up to?

I'm interested to learn what the feeling is on the vax outside my little hippie corner of the world.

What are you doing about the OVID-19 Coronavirus Vaccination?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

4/20/2021 6:01 am  #2

Re: Covid Vax -Where are you up to?

Complete here. Pete actually went to bat for some old-timers around here who don't internet, I bet there are a lot of folks out there who just can't get through the nonsense.

No word on COD but two neighbors in their 70's died over the weekend... might want to check on the lady on the property between them.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/20/2021 9:03 am  #3

Done.   That 2nd Moderna shot hit me like a ton of bricks, though.

Weaponized Funk

4/20/2021 10:05 am  #4

I checked done, but I'm actually not quite yet -2nd Moderna shot tomorrow and then I'mm'a try to get as far as I can before the effects hit (and keep staying away from people) I see the CDC latest is no domestic travel until vaccinated but I'm committed now so I'll just have to keep on being super careful and anti-social (the sacrifices we must make ;) )

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

4/20/2021 10:14 am  #5

monster wrote:

I checked done, but I'm actually not quite yet -2nd Moderna shot tomorrow and then I'mm'a try to get as far as I can before the effects hit (and keep staying away from people) I see the CDC latest is no domestic travel until vaccinated but I'm committed now so I'll just have to keep on being super careful and anti-social (the sacrifices we must make ;) )

Don't make plans for the two days afterwards.

Weaponized Funk

4/20/2021 10:48 am  #6

I've heard the second dose of Moderna can run the full spectrum. Really bad for 2 days to absolutely no issue at all except the usual injection sore spot on the upper arm.

4/20/2021 10:59 am  #7

Luce wrote:

Don't make plans for the two days afterwards.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a comedian.....

I'm just relying on the whatever is gonna happen, it takes about 12 hours to hit consensus..... so I'mm'a make the most of that time.... 

4/20/2021 11:26 am  #8

2nd Moderna 10 April, a little sore spot where I got shot but that was it.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

4/20/2021 11:48 am  #9

Second Pfizer about a month ago.  At my age it is hard to tell the difference between vac reactions and aches and pains from spring chores.
I am not sure how the continuing 500 - 1000 deaths a  day is much of a light at the end of the tunnel

4/20/2021 12:23 pm  #10

Diaphone Jim wrote:

Second Pfizer about a month ago.  At my age it is hard to tell the difference between vac reactions and aches and pains from spring chores.
I am not sure how the continuing 500 - 1000 deaths a  day is much of a light at the end of the tunnel

If you look at the numbers, we're not doing very well at all.  Just not as bad as the winter disaster.

Last edited by Clodfobble (4/21/2021 4:45 pm)

Weaponized Funk

4/20/2021 2:22 pm  #11

Whut?

Living life on the edge.

4/20/2021 2:31 pm  #12

Limey wrote:

Whut?

My link appears to be busted.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

Weaponized Funk

4/20/2021 3:52 pm  #13

I had the Moderna and my second shot was last week.  I got it at 1pm and was fine the rest of the day.  In the middle of the night, I woke up with a 103 degree temperature.  I took the next day off and slept through it with the help of will and tylenol PM.  I was fine the day after, just a little tired by the end of the day.  The swelling on my arm lasted about 4 days.

The weird one was actually after the first shot.  About 2 weeks after, I started getting a raised red ring.  Since I was doing particularly nasty work the week before and that week, I thought it was ring worm.  I went to a minute clinic and they told me that they had been seeing that reaction a lot.  It lasted about 2 days and was just a little itchy.

4/21/2021 4:50 pm  #14

24+ hours out from my second Pfizer shot. My one side effect was some extreme diarrhea after the first one, and a much milder bout of it this go round. We were definitely weighing risks, given the family history of autoimmune disease, but decided it was better for us to get it and deal with whatever new thing might be triggered in us in order to better cocoon the kids, who can't and won't be getting it. I had been considering whether the mRNA format might lead to fewer problems than older types, but the diarrhea pretty much answered that one for me.

4/21/2021 4:55 pm  #15

Undertoad wrote:

Pfizer, done last Wednesday

No negative side effects AT ALL - really

I do have a positive side effect though, I can perceive two new colors

I'm calling them "mrarm" and "konal".

I have an urge to purchase a Windows license.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/22/2021 4:03 pm  #16

griff wrote:

Undertoad wrote:

Pfizer, done last Wednesday

No negative side effects AT ALL - really

I do have a positive side effect though, I can perceive two new colors

I'm calling them "mrarm" and "konal".

I have an urge to purchase a Windows license.

I'm still waiting for my 5G to kick in 

5/26/2021 6:14 am  #17

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/interactive/2021/covid-rates-unvaccinated-people/

These adjusted numbers paint a far less optimistic picture: Washington’s case rate among unvaccinated people is as high as it was in late January, near the peak of Covid infections.

In Pennsylvania, the current death rate for unvaccinated residents is similar to the death rate for all residents on February 23.

Last edited by griff (5/26/2021 6:15 am)

5/26/2021 5:28 pm  #18

My second Pfiz was months ago and my arm finally stopped aching.
My son's second Pfiz is today.
I hope he doesn't have the two-day knockout my son-in-law had two weeks ago from his 2nd Pfiz:  headache, fever, chills. cramps.  About as sick as he can remember, then fine.

5/26/2021 5:31 pm  #19

I had my first vaccination (Oxford-Astra Zeneca) in mid March and experienced no side effects.

I had my second jab nine weeks on and was something of a shivery wreck at 0700 the following morning.
I also had joint pain for a while but by early afternoon and a couple of Paracetamol tablets later all was well once again.

It's just anecdotal stuff but it seems that side effects manifest themselves only once and there's no rhyme nor reason as to whether it's subsequent to the first or second vaccination.

5/26/2021 11:37 pm  #20

griff wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/interactive/2021/covid-rates-unvaccinated-people/

These adjusted numbers paint a far less optimistic picture: Washington’s case rate among unvaccinated people is as high as it was in late January, near the peak of Covid infections.

In Pennsylvania, the current death rate for unvaccinated residents is similar to the death rate for all residents on February 23.

I read a similar report about Michigan yesterday, but can't find it now.

FTR I had no side effects to the second Moderna that I noticed, not even a sore arm.  I drove 7 hours after it and about the same the next day

5/27/2021 7:22 am  #21

Dad has also had both Oxford-Astra Zeneca vaccinations but twelve weeks apart as opposed to nine in my case.
He experienced no side effects whatsoever.

He's ninety-five and during a recent, but unconnected, hospital stay he was categorised as 'very frail', but strong enough to fend off pesky side effects it would seem.

5/27/2021 11:21 pm  #22

That's good news Carruthers, he's tougher than folks think. Are you sure he isn't sneaking out at night drinking and carousing with the ladies? 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/27/2021 11:24 pm  #23

Carruthers wrote:

Dad has also had both Oxford-Astra Zeneca vaccinations but twelve weeks apart as opposed to nine in my case.

He's ninety-five and during a recent, but unconnected, hospital stay he was categorised as 'very frail', but strong enough to fend off pesky side effects it would seem.

This makes me happy   

5/28/2021 4:45 am  #24

Thanks Bruce and monster.*

I won't go into too much detail but his hospital stay was for 'structural problems' and his mobility is very poor.
There's no disputing the hospital assessment of 'very frail' but there's obviously something there still battling away!
Growing up in the 1930s must have been a tough business but perhaps, in some perverse way, that's what has got him to the age he is.

*I tried to quote both of you in my post but the system doesn't seem to allow it.
Perhaps I'm missing something. It has been known!

5/28/2021 6:14 am  #25

monster wrote:

Carruthers wrote:

This makes me happy   

Me too!

Board footera