cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/21/2021 9:07 pm  #1

5WHthr33

Who do you miss most from your high school?
What did you think when the World Trade Center collapsed?
Where do you put socks that got divorced in the laundry process and their ex is awol?
When did you last laugh out loud?
Why did you last laugh out loud?
How should the perfect sandwich be made?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/22/2021 6:24 am  #2

Re: 5WHthr33

Who do you miss most from your high school? I keep in touch with the one guy.
What did you think when the World Trade Center collapsed? What a weirdly beautiful day it was where I was.
Where do you put socks that got divorced in the laundry process and their ex is awol? In the sox box.
When did you last laugh out loud? Yesterday.
Why did you last laugh out loud? I laughed at what we've become.
How should the perfect sandwich be made? In the kitchen at Dinosaur BBQ.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/22/2021 3:15 pm  #3

Who do you miss most from your high school? Aside from the folks I'm still in touch with, I guess I'd say the friend who went on to be an FBI agent. Probably morbid curiosity more than anything.

What did you think when the World Trade Center collapsed? "It's unlikely, but possible, that my dad was on an American Airlines flight out of Dulles today..."

Where do you put socks that got divorced in the laundry process and their ex is awol? I keep them in the drawer for when I lose another sock, then the two exes get married. (It should be noted that all my socks are identical.)

When did you last laugh out loud? Sunday, playing Quiplash with some friends.

Why did you last laugh out loud? Can't remember which specific joke was the last chronologically, but several of them were callbacks to some hot gossip we'd all just heard about a certain actor's sexual proclivities.

How should the perfect sandwich be made? By someone else, for me.

6/22/2021 6:56 pm  #4

Who do you miss most from your high school?
There are a couple people whose company I would like to enjoy again someday. I was younger and fitter; life around the pool was great, swim team and water polo team.

What did you think when the World Trade Center collapsed?
"JFC.  What else can go wrong?"  I was on my way from WA to SC because my Dad had been admitted to the hospital and now I had to take the bus instead of a plane.

Where do you put socks that got divorced in the laundry process and their ex is awol?
In the sock drawer.  All of them are black, Gold-Toe crew, size large.  Eventually everybody finds a mate.

When did you last laugh out loud?
This afternoon, watching Stephen Colbert deliver a funny line in his monologue.

Why did you last laugh out loud?
Very, very recently...

How should the perfect sandwich be made?
Fresh sourdough bread, toasted medium.  A light application of mayonnaise, a generous layer of mostly crispy, thick cut, hickory smoked bacon, a couple slices of ripe, organic tomatoes, a couple leaves of fresh romaine lettuce, bookended with the other slice of bread, sliced on the diagonal-ish.  And a nice big cold bloody mary, some chipotle tabasco, served on the deck with Twil in attendance.

Be Just And Fear Not

6/23/2021 2:05 pm  #5

Who do you miss most from your high school? My sixth form bestie. We reconnected a few years ago through Words With Friends and then she went and got cancer and died. Fuck Cancer.
What did you think when the World Trade Center collapsed? I walked into a friends house and saw it on the news (about 10am here IIRC), and asked "Is that a film?"
Where do you put socks that got divorced in the laundry process and their ex is awol? In the sock drawer.
When did you last laugh out loud? Yesterday I think
Why did you last laugh out loud? Something on Reddit I think
How should the perfect sandwich be made? Good wholemeal bread, real butter, crabmeat mushed with a little mayo and a smidge of lemon juice, some leaves, maybe a slice of radish or two, freshly ground black pepper.

Living life on the edge.

Board footera