cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/21/2021 8:59 pm  #1

June 21, 2021: Routes to Roots

Artist Dan Rawlings creates treescapes from old tankers and transit vans....

BBC Article

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/22/2021 2:09 am  #2

Re: June 21, 2021: Routes to Roots

Hard for me to believe that tanker was scrapped while still functional because it looked too old. 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

6/22/2021 9:10 am  #3

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/22/2021 10:31 am  #4

Funny how well monster's pics work on Internet Explorer when others don't.  

6/22/2021 11:04 am  #5

Monsters photos are working perfectly. On Google Chrome.

Last edited by fargon (6/22/2021 11:05 am)

I Love my country, I fear the government.

6/22/2021 5:25 pm  #6

I'm just special. 

It's probably because these are stored on the BBC, though, rather than being uploaded to wherever Clicking the Monkey takes you

6/22/2021 6:29 pm  #7

The pictures are hotlinked?

6/25/2021 7:38 am  #8

This iteration of this forum doesn't get near the traffic that the old one did at the height of its existence, so I don't think hotlinking here is morally a big problem.

6/25/2021 3:59 pm  #9

when you use postimages, you are linking from there, it is not possible to put images directly into a post here.  You can use postimages to display images on other social media too, not just this one.  

6/25/2021 8:24 pm  #10

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

The pictures are hotlinked?

straight up hotlinked like she stole it.

Be Just And Fear Not

6/27/2021 10:13 pm  #11

monster wrote:

when you use postimages, you are linking from there, it is not possible to put images directly into a post here.  You can use postimages to display images on other social media too, not just this one.  

Well duh, thats they're bag, they're business model, what they want you to do.. Not the same as hotlinking to a site not in that business.

6/28/2021 12:38 am  #12

their. duh.

7/01/2021 2:30 pm  #13

One for monster, when I edited what I first wrote I missed changing the they're to their, twice.
I'll chastise myself severely.

7/01/2021 7:37 pm  #14

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

One for monster, when I edited what I first wrote I missed changing the they're to their, twice.
I'll chastise myself severely.

Or, you could not use "duh"  when someone explains something to you that you're pretending to have difficulty understanding because you want to make them look bad.  Then they just wouldn't bother to point out a common mistake that we all make periodically and carry on ignoring the little dog yapping.  

have a blessed day

7/02/2021 5:48 am  #15

Your paranoia is flaring up, I was neither pretending nor trying to make anyone look bad.
The fact we've have been linking to Postimage to post pictures is obvious, it's the way this site and Postimage work, there is no other way to post images here other than linking. That is a huge difference from linking pictures from someones site who is not part of that system. It costs them bandwidth they pay for, which is not part of their business plan.

When I post a picture I download it, usually resize it, often color correct it, and sometimes caption it. Then it's ready for prime time so I would post it. This outfit wants us to link it from somewhere else but provided a link at the monkey so it wasn't a big hassle. But having to go find some place and establishing an account and having to log in with a password is unacceptable.

What I don't understand is why I could see all the pictures everyone posted, including my own, while others could only see some of the pictures supposedly using the same browser. And unless I'm mistaken not everyone couldn't see the same pictures as everyone else. This shit makes no sense at all.

UT said it's a problem with the  PostImage software but I don'r see how it works ok for me and not for someone else using the same browser. I'm not aware of any updates being blocked. If Chrome is updating the browser they're not telling me about it like IE does. Curiouser and curiouser.

Board footera