cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/02/2021 4:12 pm  #26

Re: Executrix and everything that goes along with it (CW: Death)

get some bubble mixture and go blow bubbles.  It's very therapeutic

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

7/02/2021 4:38 pm  #27

Fake linoleum?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/03/2021 7:24 am  #28

Real linoleum—as distinct from synthetic versions or vinyl—is made from all-natural materials, including wood flour, rosins, ground limestone, powdered cork, pigments, jute and linseed oil. As such it is one of the greenest flooring options out there today.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earth-talk-floor-plan/

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/03/2021 5:05 pm  #29

@TheNeverWas - https://www.speedballart.com/our-product-lines/speedball-printmaking/speedball-blockrelief-printing/speedball-block-printing-surfaces/

@monster - I love blowing bubble!  Especially with my dogs around!!

@Luce - Yea, it's a lot to deal with when I can't share everything with my brothers

@Limey - Shoe shopping was a bust!  I actually bought some, but they have to go back :/  I may try again tomorrow at a department store.

7/05/2021 9:18 am  #30

Better luck with the next shoes!

Living life on the edge.

7/06/2021 8:02 pm  #31

Alas, the shoes were a fail, so I bought myself a ton of work out gear.....which of course has some that are going back to the store.  

Officially, the house is sold  With so many fuck ups, though, I'm not going to feel confident until the check is in my hand.  especially since PNC apparently put fucking stickers on the house which I'm assuming is calling it a fucking abandoned house or some shit.

Now, the only things left are: Insurance because fucking USAA sucks.  The title for a car because PA doesn't forward titles, but DOESN'T TELL ANYONE THAT.  Luckily, it's a car I sold to my cousin, so all in the family.  A possible payout from a union that I should get next week.  Then, I think the only things left are paying everything else off: Medical bills, one small credit card, and the shitheads at xfinity......I think that's it, actually.  The lawyer will file the tax return

I'm gonna take any money that exists and put it towards a fucking all inclusive vacation.

Fuck PNC

7/07/2021 7:26 am  #32

Don't forget to cancel all the utilities that go with the sold house, Including water & sewer.  Easy to forget that and then you get the bill in 3 months for water you didn't use.

7/08/2021 1:10 am  #33

Don't pay the water bill, they shut off the water, the people who live there will deal with it.

Another vacation, didn't you just have one 100 years ago?

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

7/10/2021 12:38 pm  #34

@glatt - I need to do that still.  The realtor asked for the companies, so I'm not sure if the buyer did it already, but I'm checking.  Although now that I think about it, I don't know that I've gotten a sewer bill this whole time :|

@bruce - I've been paying all the bills.  It wasn't much since the house was vacant.  I'm pretty sure I was required to maintain it so it wasn't labeled as abandoned.  Lot of good that did.  Sadly, I was booked for a 4 day weekend at the beach last year.  In May.  Obviously, that didn't happen.

The sale went through.  Of course, there were problems.  The realtor gave the buyer the wrong address so it took longer for me to get the documents.  Instead, they emailed them and I printed them out and sent them overnight to the address on the documents.....which was the wrong fucking address.  AND because it was a holiday weekend, it wasn't even really overnight.  THEN, they sent the fucking documents over docusign anyways.  It was awesome having the realtor call multiple times in a row and texting me while I was in a fucking meeting.  I'm glad I'll never deal with her again.  She never told me anything and then all of the sudden everything was an emergency.  The documents were sent on Thursday.  If I had gotten a tracking number, I could've seen the WRONG FUCKING ADDRESS and corrected it immediately.

And of course, because fuck PNC, they started putting stickers on the house - I guess to say it was foreclosed or abandoned or something - the DAY OF THE FUCKING CLOSING.  Luckily, that's the buyer's problem now.  I'll consider it complete when I get the check in my hand.

Good news is that it looks like the credit card was updated to have a zero balance.  I have to double check though, but that would be awesome.  

7/14/2021 12:18 am  #35

And through all that you didn't kill or even maim anyone. 
Good for you, we're proud of you.

7/14/2021 4:43 pm  #36

@Bruce - I'm in a different state 

Well, the house crap isn't over. I just fucking knew it.  The piece of shit (buyer's) lawyer's office sent the check THROUGH THE REGULAR FUCKING MAIL and it still isn't here.  Considering that they sent the documents to the wrong fucking address in the first place, I don't have much faith.  It doesn't take a week for an envelope to get from PA to NC.  I am so pissed off.  I've informed my lawyer, but it was around 5pm.  I'm hoping something bad can happen to them (the buyer's lawyers).  Of course the realtor doesn't fucking care.  I told her yesterday and she was just like "maybe have your lawyer call them".  Like, THESE ARE YOUR FUCKING PEOPLE, BITCH!  DO SOMETHING.  I'm sure she got fucking paid.

Still waiting for the car title, too.

Good news is that the buyer already changed all the utilities, so the final bills are on the way.  I actually got a decent payout from the union.  I was able to finally change the insurance with USAA.  I'm going to call the credit card company and just confirm that there's no balance.  And fuck xfinity, they'll be the absolute last thing I pay off.

7/14/2021 10:35 pm  #37

But think of poor Comcast, their profits were down 19% last year to only $10.5 Billion.

7/15/2021 5:01 pm  #38

Finally got the house payment today.  The sent it overnight on Monday (I'm guessing after the overnight deadline), so they just fucking lied about sending it last week.

Of course I'm still waiting on the car title, so that means another call to the DMV tomorrow.  At least they're relatively pleasant to deal with

7/15/2021 8:42 pm  #39

just keep swimming, just keep swimming....

you got this.  Big ole treat yourself moment in sight.......

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

7/16/2021 4:04 pm  #40

@monster - thanks  

7/25/2021 2:10 pm  #41

FINALLY got the damn title  The person I talked to said they mailed it on the 16th.  I should've gotten it before the end of the week with no problem.  Finally get it yesterday.  Surprise, surprise, another person straight lying to me.  It was mailed on TUESDAY.  Like, FFS, really?  Like I wouldn't find out?  I bet you the person I talked to on Friday saw it was only mailed Tuesday and just didn't say anything.  Just bullshit about "10 business days".  I mean, they have to know that the post office works on Saturday, too!!  Fuuuuuck everyone who lies out their ass on something that is SO easily proven wrong

9/03/2021 6:19 pm  #42

Things are starting to wrap up.  I still need to call two different divisions of comcast and discover card.  After that - nothing.  The estate tax return get submitted and I wait 6 months to pay out the "inheritance".

One thing that's hit me recently with buying a house and all the decisions that go into setting it up, changing it, etc - I am really missing my mom.  The mom from years ago who was still immensely flawed and damaging, but different than she was in her last 10 years.  I can't explain the difference, but it was there

9/03/2021 11:55 pm  #43

She changed and you changed, sometimes that goes smoothly and sometimes it grates.
But you miss her so it couldn't have been too bad. That's good news.

10/30/2021 4:43 pm  #44

I just got the tax return for the estate.  There's a credit card I expected to pay that was under my mother's SSN, so, no payment for you!  And since Comcast/Infinity/what the fuck ever are being such dicks, we aren't paying that.  I called to ask for a bill and was told "we can't do that because it doesn't exist".  You don't have a fucking printer in your mega company??  They had the AUDACITY to say "We're a new company" NO THE FUCK YOU AREN'T!  Comcast is old as fuck and Xfinity has been around for years.  Besides the fact that Xfinity is A PART OF THE COMCAST CONGLOMERATE.  So, fuck you.

Still waiting on the personal tax return, though.  Getting kind of nervous because of the address change.  I didn't include my parents names when I did it.  There was a STACK of junk mail at the old place because of all the crap they signed up for and money they sent to people.

11/02/2021 5:44 pm  #45

Hey bbro, I'm really late to this party, I've just been catching up from June but I'll put this out there for anyone else who may be in your position but to keep people accountable for actually mailing things when they say they will, get a FedEx account and tell them to fedex it to you using your your account #.  It's $32. but in cases like this it can be looked at as a cost of good mental health.

Anyway, good luck with everything. I know it all sucks.

Hey! That's me up there!

11/03/2021 7:44 am  #46

@foot - thanks.  It's all pretty much done now.  I wish I could give the IRS a FedEx number, but I don't think that would work 

11/03/2021 11:50 pm  #47

Fedex is the work of the devil, Registered or just priority mail can be tracked.

11/04/2021 9:13 pm  #48

@Bruce - regardless, I can't hurry the IRS.

4/18/2022 12:54 pm  #49

It's been a while since updating - Basically still just waiting on the tax returns to come through.  I think the only thing left is the estate tax return.  I don't think I'll be getting the personal one, so if it comes down to that, I'm just going to see if we can close probate without it.

4/29/2022 11:18 pm  #50

bbro wrote:

@Bruce - regardless, I can't hurry the IRS.

Well you can, but you probably wouldn't like prison. 

Board footera