cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/20/2021 11:52 pm  #1

Cruise

A 132-night "world cruise", Seven Seas Mariner leaves Miami in January 2024, 31 countries, 66 ports, 34,500 nautical miles. Priced at $73.499 to $199,999 per person, on sale at 8:30 AM, sold out by 11 AM. 
The cruise line is running a couple of 40 day cruises before that but wanted to see if there was a market for a high end cruise. They were surprised the more expensive options sold better than the low end $73,500.

I suspect the pandemic made some people who were wheeling and dealing every day for mo money pause and say WTF, we've already got a pile why not enjoy some of it as soon as we can.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

7/21/2021 7:02 am  #2

Re: Cruise

You'd have to pay me more than $73K to do that.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/21/2021 7:16 am  #3

Prison ship stay.  At least there is lots of food.

7/21/2021 9:14 am  #4

One of the surprises by this pandemic.  The rich got substantially richer

7/21/2021 11:57 am  #5

The stock market made absolutely no sense last year.  But I'm not complaining.  I may actually be able retire someday.

7/21/2021 4:00 pm  #6

glatt wrote:

The stock market made absolutely no sense last year.  But I'm not complaining.  I may actually be able retire someday.

It made sense if one realizes how economics work.  Having lowered interest rates to zero, corporations borrowed money to buy back stock and give hefty bonuses to top corporate people.  Since cutting costs today means massive profits this year.  Followed four years later by a massive downturn do to work that did not happen today.

One can appreciate the Fed's situation.  They were forced to protect today's economy at the expense of what the spread sheets will report in four years.

132 days aboard the same ship?  How much liquor can one consume is 132 days?  Sounds like another example of a quarantine.  Or guinea pigs in a controlled environment for experimental purposes.

7/26/2021 11:16 am  #7

While waiting to board, you look around and discover everyone is wearing  MAGA hat.
You have 132 days to throw them all overboard one by one.
Or simply jump yourself the first night.

In reality, your 200 grand is going to buy you the only thing cruises offer: no crime for the duration.
Except for what the crew has in mind, of course. 

7/26/2021 6:05 pm  #8

Might not be so bad.  Ain't there unlimited alcohol on those cruises?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Board footera